Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: KO fortress maximus and some KO info

Quote Originally Posted by bruticus View Post
    are they intending to release the weapons, box, styrofoam and paperwork for only 200USD?? cos thats definitely gonna cause chaos in the community!!
    HOly crap...

While i dont know much about this area, can I guess people will buy these just for full weapon sets and box?

So is it even debatable that Takara still has the mould? (Since Brave Max)

And why has there been no reissue till now?

Quote Originally Posted by bruticus View Post
    are they intending to release the weapons, box, styrofoam and paperwork for only 200USD?? cos thats definitely gonna cause chaos in the community!!
    As I heard, the whole lot, box, sticker, sword, etc.

I have read on some TF sites that Fortress Max is not going to re-issued by Hasbro due to it failing US drop tests. However if it is fine with Japanese safety tests, there shouldn't be any reason why it can't. While I am not desperate for a Fortress Max, a relatively cheap complete one would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    This brings forth a bit of a controversial but interesting conundrum:

If Takara abandoned or disposed of the molds and someone else picked them up and used them - Could we still call it theft or KOs?

It would be as if you pick up a piece of furniture on the side of the road, fixed it up and sold it. You can't be accused of stealing it since it was disposed of by the former owner for anyone to pick up and do as they please.

Now naturally, there is still the Intellectual Property factor but that would only apply to the character model art, trademark names and box art since the Toy itself was disposed of.

So if I create an accurate Fortress Maximus from the disposed molds and call it 'Fort Max' and change the box art enough so that it doesn't match the original box art - Can we still call it a KO??
    If the factory did indeed dispose of the moulds without destroying them first, they are likely to be in breach of contract (our plastic factory had to destroy any moulds after they were no longer needed). It's also a way of making sure others can't profit of the initial investment (creating the mould is one of the most expensive components of the total production process).
    I think ownership of the patents on these toy designs should cover Hasbro/Takara if they wanted to chase after replica producers, regaurdless of reverse-engineering or using the actual moulds without authorisation.

If they released Grand Maximus with all his parts and shell I'd be very tempted as I can't afford the $3000+ U.S for this item

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    If they released Grand Maximus with all his parts and shell I'd be very tempted as I can't afford the $3000+ U.S for this item
    Yeah - This is the sort of thing that proves that KOers are the Devil! They work through temptation.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Yeah - This is the sort of thing that proves that KOers are the Devil! They work through temptation.
    Luke come to the Dark side

Since i have a Fort Max it doesn't interest me that much but a Grand Max i would buy in a second!

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    They won't be selling for US$3000+ for much longer if there's a knockoff around. The prices of real Maximi will take a nosedive.

Still wouldn't come down to $200 though