Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: KO fortress maximus and some KO info

I'd be tempted by a cheaper version of Fort Max, but shipping costs would be a massive killer

Quote Originally Posted by 1orion2many View Post
    If they released Grand Maximus with all his parts and shell I'd be very tempted as I can't afford the $3000+ U.S for this item
    I can see your point.

I have two Fort Maxes (both incomplete ), but if I didn't I would seriously consider it.

If there is a market for it, and it remains unlikely to see another official release I couldn't blame a TF collector for purchasing one.

My only dislike is the practice of passing off KO's as genuine.

Good chance I will get the Max. I have him but he is missing a ramp and some bits. So this would be great. But I WOULD GET GRAND MAX IN A SECOND. Please Mr KO man do what you can..... I know you want to

Quote Originally Posted by AussieJason View Post

If there is a market for it, and it remains unlikely to see another official release I couldn't blame a TF collector for purchasing one.
    What's the reasoning behind that belief, that Fortress Maximus is unlikely to be reissued (again) by Takara? I'm not arguing, I just don't understand why.
    Because Metroplex was a shelf-warmer? Because Hasbro is not going to reissue because of the drop-test (as was mentioned in an earlier post)? Fear that some KO has stolen all of Takara's encore and g1 molds (suggested earlier)?
    Or something different, like the extra accessories not part of the RID release?
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Because Metroplex was a shelf-warmer? Because Hasbro is not going to reissue because of the drop-test (as was mentioned in an earlier post)? Fear that some KO has stolen all of Takara's encore and g1 molds (suggested earlier)?
    Or something different, like the extra accessories not part of the RID release?
    Only TakaraTomy and Hasbro would know exactly why, but I would say one of the above; or maybe a combination of the above.

If I had to pick one I would say "shelf-warmer". Even with the interest in this thread and other TF's sites, it may not sell well outside of the dedicated fan market.

I may be wrong, but I would assume the better seller out of say MP Grimlock or a Reissue Fort Max would be the Masterpiece TF.

It prolly an expense thing as well for HasTakTom - Fort max has a lot of Plastic and some metal as well in him - with the oil spill and current high oil prices in the global news. We all know Hasbro's allotment of miniscule budget for each figure thereby maximizing their profits ( as any business would) with very little expenditures. Im pretty sure if even in the remotest they decide to go ahead with a fort max Reissue it would be a very very limited release ( prolly build up a media hype about it too in the various boards) and would prolly cost an arm and a leg still due to its limited numbers... thereby boosting the pre-existing maxiis prices even more.... this KO one will affect the sales of indeed the prexisting ones but up to what degree? We just have to wait and see.

The unscrupulous selling KOs passing them off as originals in the end will be one of the worst case scenarios we are looking forward too.... Just tell em like it is damn sellers, its a freakin KO!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Fortunately I just recently received my highly yellowed Fortress Maximus from Japan, so this will have no bearing on me. However I intend to locate the missing components in order to complete it, and this includes Cerebros and Spike unfortunately.
    Wanted: G1 Liokaiser parts | unbroken G1 Smokescreen/Prowl/Bluestreak roofs | G1 Overlord tank barrel and tank orange cockpit canopy

As much as I'm against KOs, I'm seriously tempted to get a KO Fort Max for spare parts as my Fortress Maximus is missing one ramp, Spike and has no weapons or accessories. So I am tempted to get a KO Fort Max just for the parts.

What would I do with the spare body though?? I don't want to keep it - but it's too expensive to throw or give away. I would sell it for a reduced price to someone if they want to use the leftover body for kitbashing parts. It would still work well as an interactive playset for other TF toys in city or battleship mode. If noone wants to buy it then maybe I'll use it as a competition prize at meets/fairs where people pay a gold coin to play something like TF Trivia and go in a draw to win it. But I'd make a massive loss cos I wouldn't make much from it. Still better than getting nothing at all I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Eruntalon View Post
    However I intend to locate the missing components in order to complete it, and this includes Cerebros and Spike unfortunately.
    Spike is a B!TCH to find on his own. Cos let's face it, if you ever did find Spike on his own you'd get an incomplete Fort Max for cheap, then sell them both as a set for an inflated price. So once the KO comes out I'm gonna be mighty tempted to just give up my search for Spike (which has gone on for many years) and just get the damn KO. *sigh*

If I had faith in TakaraTOMY reissuing Fortress Maximus then I wouldn't do it. I bought reissue Metroplex even though I already had an original G1 Metroplex in support of TakaraTOMY to reissue more baseformers. I passed on Omega Supreme though because it came out around the same time as Metroplex and I was already getting the e-Hobby repaint -- both of which set me back a lot (especially considering the Aussie Dollar took a big dive at the time too). But it seems unlikely atm that TakaraTOMY would reissue Fort Max.

But what it they did?

I'd happily buy a legit reissue Fort Max and I would sell the KO -- but I'd make it clear that it is a KO. I think we can all agree that the most annoying thing about some KO sellers is when they try to pass them off as legit.

Man I wish TakaraTOMY would just reissue this toy. I might call them during the school holidays and just ask them directly.

http://cgi.ebay.com/TRANSFORMERS-FOR...#ht_500wt_1154

Much less than the KO - Just convince him to ship overseas.

Not bad and ships overseas:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TRANSFORMERS-CER...#ht_500wt_1154

I've replaced my only KO's I previously had (a few cassetticons), but this is certainly a case where I'd be willing to grab a KO instead of the original. I've always wanted a Fort Max but I'm not going to spend $1.5K on one.

I'd prefer that he was done by Takara as an Encore, but I doubt that will happen since it seems like the larger items haven't been selling like hotcakes (who buys hotcakes anyway?).