Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: KO fortress maximus and some KO info

I'd rather NOT have a toy at all than buy a KO. The only reason I'd consider getting a KO Spike is because I already have an original Fortress Maximus and finding a legit Spike is so damn hard.

But thanks to kup, that's no longer an issue for me! My Fortress Maximus will still be missing a ramp and all his accessories, but that's fine. I'd much rather have an incomplete genuine Fortress Maximus than a complete fake one ANY DAY. Besides, I can always play with my Brave Maximus if I want to experience the mould in one piece (although Brave Max doesn't have the gun... not that the Maximus mould NEEDS a gun considering that he has flip out cannons in his hands, arms, torso and legs!! )

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'd rather NOT have a toy at all than buy a KO. The only reason I'd consider getting a KO Spike is because I already have an original Fortress Maximus and finding a legit Spike is so damn hard.

But thanks to kup, that's no longer an issue for me! My Fortress Maximus will still be missing a ramp and all his accessories, but that's fine. I'd much rather have an incomplete genuine Fortress Maximus than a complete fake one ANY DAY. Besides, I can always play with my Brave Maximus if I want to experience the mould in one piece (although Brave Max doesn't have the gun... not that the Maximus mould NEEDS a gun considering that he has flip out cannons in his hands, arms, torso and legs!! )
    With Spike in hand, it shouldn't be too expensive to get the other pieces.

Badger_Mcgee is offline Lifetime Ban already on this person

I paid around $400us for mine and well he is worth it. Though I would get the fake just to complete mine for the mean time as I slowly put the real parts on him and then give the fake to some child that would love the fake and hopefully get him into collecting.

dont know if is a KO or real but
    Lucky Draw FORT MAX

It is on display at Cybertron Con in China alongside many other items including the prototype for Masterpiece Rodimus Prime

SHINY SHINY That would be a real pain to keep the old fingerprints off of

Apparently it was a custom. A guy sent his Fort Max (who knows if it was real or a KO) off to a factory to get goldified. Which is totally a word.

Judging from the fact that the arm ramps are missing, I'm gonna guess it's a real Fort Max - maybe it was a spare that was badly yellowed and missing everything 'cept Cerebros so the owner decided to have it gold chromed. That's my guess, cos if it were a KO then why chrome the toy but not the ramps? I wonder how that thing looks in battleship and city modes. (well, pretty crap w/o the ramps)

Probably just some cheap Korean version Brave Max when it first released....

But that wouldn't explain the absence of the ramps. Why would you get a Brave Max (Korean or otherwise), then remove the ramps to cover it in gold chrome?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    But that wouldn't explain the absence of the ramps. Why would you get a Brave Max (Korean or otherwise), then remove the ramps to cover it in gold chrome?
    He does have ramps. In some photos you can see them at his feet. They are probably not attached to the arms as the 'snap-in' action and friction would have tarnished the gold.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...1280488497.jpg