Thread: KO fortress maximus and some KO info

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default KO fortress maximus and some KO info

As I talked to a guy in a Chinese TF forum who has pretty closer with the G1 KO owner, I had the following information:

There is going to be a KO fortress maximus at some stage, targetted price would be 200 USD, so be careful/excited based on your perspective.

Many people think the reason that Takara do not reissue some of the popular toys is because KOer made frontrun. It is not true. According to what I heard, Takara owns fewer moulds than KOers. That is why they release skids over and over time. Those are what they have in hand.

Most of moulds are in KOer's hand. I don't know why.

Even we call them "KO", there is no toys been "knocked off" at all. The moulds that made these G1 KOs are original mother mould giving birth to legit toys.

Why are the moulds not in Takara's hand, I don't know. I guess there must be certain period in the past Takara didn't see the value of TFs and didn't give a sh*t at all and disposed those moulds to anyone who wants it or at least they didn't make reasonable effort to supervise to distroy them.

Takara may never have owned the moulds in the first place, the original companies that produced these toys for them may have owned the mould but not the rights to produce these items legally without Takaras approval. This way Takara most probably thought they were saving money on something that would only have a short production life and not get used in the future for a re-release, saying that they did do RID Maximus so it wasn't that long ago they still had access to the mould.

KO are produced two ways - some come from the original moulds which were abandoned in factories that used to be owned by Takara and Hasbro, and some are reversed engineered from complete toys e.g. the toy is used to make a mould, which is why some KO's have parts that don't join together correctly.

US $200 for a Fort Max... serious
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

When that guy talked about KO stunticon, I didn't pay much attention, and it finally came out. So I guess maybe fortress would come true sooner or later.

ive been hearing all year that fort max is being KO'd
    and the timeframe is around the end of the year.

are they intending to release the weapons, box, styrofoam and paperwork for only 200USD?? cos thats definitely gonna cause chaos in the community!!