Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Eruntalon's Fortress Maximus H202 Restoration

Quote Originally Posted by Supergodginrai View Post
    Hi, I just wonder after so many months of your whitening work n FM. Does the yellowing come back?

I ask so as after I have whitening my Grand Maximus, the yellowing returns after 1 to 2 months..it is very sad..
    Sorry for the belated reply to your question.

Yes, some of the yellow has returned in part. After two years in storage the whitening process is only a temporary solution. Although the yellowing is not like it was before, I would say as a rough estimate that the fort max parts I still have (I ended up selling the one in the photos except for a few parts) about 25 percent of the yellow has returned. And this is after storage in a dark cupboard!
    Wanted: G1 Liokaiser parts | unbroken G1 Smokescreen/Prowl/Bluestreak roofs | G1 Overlord tank barrel and tank orange cockpit canopy

Nine years later as of December 2019. Has been in storage for most of this time. The yellow returned to a light mustard/butter colour:

Redo of H2O2 bath:

(Mostly) white again, but for how long this time?

Wanted: G1 Liokaiser parts | unbroken G1 Smokescreen/Prowl/Bluestreak roofs | G1 Overlord tank barrel and tank orange cockpit canopy

You can buy some UV resistant varnish spray at local craft shops. This is what artists use to prevent their painting from yellowing with age.

I just looked at Galaxy Shuttle in my room last weekend and the yellowing has come back. I dont know if I should do this or just leave it because it will probably return again in a few years.

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

Given the substantial transformation that H2O2 restoration makes, I can see it would be to an ebay seller's advantage to use this technique prior for sale - and the would-be buyer would be completely unaware..... I'm not the type of person that would buy second-hand toys (too OCD), but I feel sorry for any collector who purchases a seriously expensive vintage toy only to have it yellow before their eyes within a few months/years. They might even blame themselves without knowing the UV damage had already been done.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!