Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Second Melbourne Takara Classics Order

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Optimus: Jaydisc & Paul
    Grimlock: Demonac, Autobreadticon, Goro
    Starscream: Demonac, TheDirtyDigger, Autobreadticon
    Megatron: Autobreadticon

Not sure about the order date Bread. I'm probably happen to leave this up for another few days and based upon the responses, we'll take it from there. Unlike the last order, I'm probably not in a position to front it as I did then, so there would be some pre-collection of funds.

I've been dumping a lot of cash recently, and I know I'm not alone, so why doesn't everyone simply chime in with a time that'll suit them.
    My set has arrived but I still am waiting to pick it up from my girlfriend's place. I'm going to inspect them one more time before making a final decision if I want a second set or a select few.

Do you guys reckon it's worth me putting in for a full set? Will shipping work out better that way?

Argh- What the heck- I'm down for a full set
    I'm also trying to put a side order together for non-henkei stuff
    Going to be putting together a premium barricade for sale complete with a Robot replicas head ( )

Isn't shipping cheaper with more?

To calculate shipping costs per figure, even if its not an exact classics:
    [figure cost/ figure cost total] * shipping = shipping per figure.

Let me know if I should just go seperate because shipping isn't that bad with my combination of two voyagers and two premiums. works out to be about 15AUD shipping and $9.3AUD shipping for a voyager. Voyagers are 32AUD, leader 55.2AUD.

OK, I did some research at robotkingdom to see if I could figure out their shipping formulas, and I'm pretty sure I've nailed it with 98% accuracy.

To ship to Australia will cost you $8.98 (hereafter referred to as $9). That's before you add any figures. That's just the base price. Then, prices for some of the common things we were discussing are:

Classics Voyager: 8
    Classics Deluxe: 4
    Movie Leader: 12
    Movie Ultra: 12
    Complete Classics Set: 28

The way to figure out the individual shipping of an item NOT including the base price is to simply get the difference of shipping 2 of that item versus just 1.

So, that means that the only benefit of a group order is to distribute the $9 base fee across as many people as possible. When realized to this level of detail, I think there is a threshold of dealing with too large an order and too much money that offsets the saving of 1 or 2 dollars.

Another thing to consider is how to collect the money. If the order is very large and there is not one person who can front it, that means some up front payments need to be made. But since we're dealing in USD, we don't really know exactly HOW much until AFTER the order has been paid, meaning that most of the back seat investors will either have to make a second payment or the purchaser will have to issue refunds after the final AUD amount has been determined.

A possible alternative is the idea of providing the purchaser with the correct amount in USD via PayPal. However, if the up front investor has a premium or business account (like many of us), PayPal grabs 2.4% of that. I've made a little calculator here to see how much extra the investor would have to pay so that the purchaser did not lose money.

Unfortunately, this post doesn't really provide any answers... just some information. Some food for thought. I don't think I want to be the purchaser/manager for a large order unless the investors are willing to pre-fund the purchases via USD PayPal including the fee. This of course further reduces the savings you get when spreading the $9. Alternatively, I would be happy fronting an order with a total of under $200 or being an investor and letting someone else be the purchaser.

okay one request is that we try to make the order when the AUD is at a good rate,e.g is >91 USD cents. Recently its gone down. but it has peaked as much as above 0.93 USD

I recommend lcz128 if you are purchasing all 6 figures you should go to Robotkingdom and select the option to purchase 6 figures at once. You can make significant savings, compared to ordering with us.

Since we all kinda know Jaydisc, i think it would be better to give AUD converted from USD amount in person. I actually prefer this method. i dont mind visiting jaydisc because i can visit Northland .

using the exchange website xe.com is a good reference for E/X rates
    Last edited by autobreadticon; 26th March 2008 at 07:11 PM.
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

just a thought jay, but it may help:

get everyone to pay you $5 or $10 more than what the total cost (inc post) of their share of the order is in USD (eg if i buy US$30 i give u 35/40 AUD). that should cover the order. if you are a touch short you could cover it

since everyone will pick it up from you:

- if you collect a bit more, give them change with the toys
    - if you collect a bit less, they will pay for the difference when they pick up the toys

i think it will be easier like that over trying to work out exact postages etc

George
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

Hey boys, I'm going solo here. I'm ordering another complete set myself plus a few other things I want from RK so it'll work out to be a lot just for me.

LCZ, I think like STL if you are going to get more than a full set, your order might be big enough on its own.

I'm going to continue to offer a group order for Takara Classics managed by myself. To keep the order manageable, I'm going to stick to just Takara Classics. So, if you're Melbourne based (sorry, I don't really want to be stuff shipping this interstate) and you want a couple of Takara Classics, make yourself known and I'll strive to place the order the weekend of April 5-6, so make sure you can be financially liquid by then as well.

The order as it stands now:

Optimus: Jaydisc & Paul
    Grimlock: Demonac, Autobreadticon, Goro
    Starscream: Demonac, TheDirtyDigger, Autobreadticon
    Megatron: Autobreadticon

I hope no one takes offense to this. If someone else is happy to manage a larger order with a greater range of items, I'm happy to hand over the reigns and sign on. I just don't want to manage that personally.

EDIT:

I did some math and here's what the order is looking like so far... a bit more expensive than the last, but still quite reasonable for Japanese figures:

Last edited by jaydisc; 27th March 2008 at 09:40 AM.

whats the current exchange rate? 0.91...

My source says .917, but you CANNOT use that to estimate purchases. A standard credit card charge you 2% of the converted amount, and PayPal charges you 2.5%. You should convert in the direction you are buying from and add the 2%.

So, if you were to take the rate you are mentioning and flip it, and then add 2.5%, it would be: 1 / .917 * 1.02 = 1.118

I use http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic and choose "Typical Credit Card Rate +2%" instead of the default "Interbank Rate".