0 0%

0 0%
  • 5 - its so so

2 3.64%

2 3.64%

6 10.91%

18 32.73%

6 10.91%
  • 10 - BUY IT !!! or forever be shamed!!

19 34.55%
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast

Thread: War For Cybertron Game Review

Quote Originally Posted by SamLoi888 View Post
    Do you mean no-one from OTCA? The smallest number of people I've seen online at any one time has been about 1300.
    the number of people online is misleading - it includes people play solo campaign.

i cant connect to a worldwide game so all i've been connecting to are regional games. last night at 3.30am there werent any games i could join and all it kept doing was making me host a lobby.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    you should come online, more local players would be much appreciated
    i went one just before and got owned

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    that has happened to me a bit in multiplayer. i jumped off a bridge and transformed in mid-air thinking i would land on the ground and burn rubber for the nearest health (energon?) cube - instead i went right through the ground in alt mode and died.
    I haven't had any crashing at all. Make sure you are up to the latest update I guess. I see they want a new firmware update today...

I have found that connecting to games can be a bit of a hassle, even when they are local. In ROTF, I was trying to join a game with Sleeve, and no matter how many times we tried it just wouldn't get on. Shame really, as I had G1optimal with me and would've been good. So I think it can be a bit random sometimes...

finished it

setting to me is bland, story was nice. too quick. is there any insentive to play on harder levels? i got stuck on o spreme, tripticon and defending rachet. it was on easy

Mr_K is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Just saw this information on tfw2005.com (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...094/page2.html ):

Friday July 2nd at 6:00 PM EST, XP points gained from Multiplayer play will be DOUBLED. The event is brought to you by the folks at High Moon Studios and is for Xbox, PS3, and PC versions of the game. We are assuming this lasts until sometime Sunday/Monday.

- - I'm guessing it is worldwide but of course Friday == Saturday for us

Also, if anyone is still on the fence after this thread I would say Buy It! For those of us that remember the original UT and how much fun it was when it came out.....this it that but Transformers and present day graphics and THAT is awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_K View Post
    Just saw this information on tfw2005.com (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-...094/page2.html ):

Friday July 2nd at 6:00 PM EST, XP points gained from Multiplayer play will be DOUBLED. The event is brought to you by the folks at High Moon Studios and is for Xbox, PS3, and PC versions of the game. We are assuming this lasts until sometime Sunday/Monday.

- - I'm guessing it is worldwide but of course Friday == Saturday for us

Also, if anyone is still on the fence after this thread I would say Buy It! For those of us that remember the original UT and how much fun it was when it came out.....this it that but Transformers and present day graphics and THAT is awesome
    I just posted this in the PS3 thread not knowing you had already posted here. oh well hopefully everyone sees it.

Tips too avoid ownage in Multiplayer: Soldier Class.

Don't travel from A to B in Bot Mode while you're searching for a fight.
    Bot Modes stick out like sore thumbs. Cruise around in vehicle mode because your silhouette/profile is lower to ground and you blend into the background more. When you see an opponent transform and lay waste to his metallic ass. Don't waste your time with the vehicle weapons.

Be careful when you boost in vehicle mode. You glow like a christmas tree when you boost and someone will notice you.

If you are dying alot in a particular location mix it up! If your opponents are killing you over and over at the same locations they have no reason to move on. Flank them.

Take note of where the energon cubes are on the map. After you scrap somebody transform and GTF Outa there. The opponents team mates are going to look where the big noise came from.

If you see an enemy before they see you drop your 'ammo beacon' next to yourself. It emits a damage bonus aura. Combine this with the X12 Scrapmaker, and Steady aim perk. The kill will be swift.

If you're using the X12 the first two or three rounds are slow to leave the weapon. If you are trying to shoot an enemy who hasn't noticed you aim slightly off with the initial two/three slow rounds, so they don't turn around and face you. Once your barrell is at full speed pull your aim back onto them and shock them into a mistake. By the time they asses where you are there's already hundreds of rounds on the way to the killy spot.

Soldier vs Scouts. I HATE shooter games with any type of sneaky sneaky class.
    You can intimidate scouts into fearing you. If they make a mistake they will pay a heavy price. If there's one around you and he's disappeared, drive away, find a doorway and put your back to a wall facing entry. He has to come thru that door to get you. Stack the odds in your favour. Lob a grenade at the entry and concentrate on the shimmer. A short burst will finish him because he has no health compared to you. Also utilise the energon sling. This will expose him and he'll probably run away because he's vunerable when he's visible.

Soldier vs Scientist. Nothing to fear. Scientists are the worst class in the game. They're weak, have terrible armour and they aren't particularly fast. Most see a soldier and run. If they take you on without support you will beat them down every single time.

Soldier vs Leader. Surprisingly I rarely come across an opponent playing leader class. Just kill em!

Soldier vs Soldier. A simple case of who see's who first. Use everthing you have to kill em quick coz if you win the fire fight you can bet your health will be low afterwards.

Hope that helps!
    MEGATRON Without PRIME is like Bacon without Eggs.

Well said, Hpoo. I agree with it all except...

Don't waste your time with the vehicle weapons.
    I've won a few trophies with my tank weapon. Also got a few in-game awards like 'Far and Away' for distance shots as the tank. That said, it does seem easier to kill from a distance with tank than up close.
    Must be a lot of shrapnel...