0 0%

0 0%
  • 5 - its so so

2 3.64%

2 3.64%

6 10.91%

18 32.73%

6 10.91%
  • 10 - BUY IT !!! or forever be shamed!!

19 34.55%
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast

Thread: War For Cybertron Game Review

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    I was playing more of the DS Decepticon version last night before I went to bed and unlocked Cyclonus. Damn he is an awesome character to use. Also Ultra Magnus is pretty good as well. Now I just have to figure out how to unlock the rest of the Autobots, I wanna use Swoop and Warpath. Some awesome characters in the DS version.
    I agree but I'm not really enjoying the ds games. I'm only a couple of levels in on both but there are bees and giant glowing blue slugs WTF. I want a game with robots shooting each other not a game about some robots who are employed by "Cybertronian Pest Exterminators"
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    I agree but I'm not really enjoying the ds games. I'm only a couple of levels in on both but there are bees and giant glowing blue slugs WTF. I want a game with robots shooting each other not a game about some robots who are employed by "Cybertronian Pest Exterminators"
    Yea I'll admit, those things annoy the hell outta me, escpecially when you get surrounds by those bees. The rest of it is fun, Taking on Omega was a pain until I figured the pattern out to beat him. A few of the other minor bosses were difficult until you figure it out.

When you get further in the game, they are still therein fewer numbers, but there are more robots and turrets and tanks to kill.

The wii version (really Cybertron Adventures) is very short, maybe 8 hours total for the main story mode, going through and completing the extra bonus missions could take another 8 or so, but there is no real incentive to go through and do it (that I am aware of).

Still I found it interesting enough to finish before Lego HP was released.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    I was playing more of the DS Decepticon version last night before I went to bed and unlocked Cyclonus. Damn he is an awesome character to use. Also Ultra Magnus is pretty good as well. Now I just have to figure out how to unlock the rest of the Autobots, I wanna use Swoop and Warpath. Some awesome characters in the DS version.
    I like the way the Deceps version starts exactly the same way as the Autobots versio does, until Megatron drops in. I had to check I had the right game at the start...

Finding the controls a little fiddly and the lock -on can be annoying with its randoms-ness.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    The wii version (really Cybertron Adventures) is very short, maybe 8 hours total for the main story mode, going through and completing the extra bonus missions could take another 8 or so, but there is no real incentive to go through and do it (that I am aware of).

I may just hire the game if it's that short...

I was going to buy it the other day but got Mario Galaxy 2 instead, which by the sounds of it will last me much longer !

Quote Originally Posted by AussieJason View Post
    I may just hire the game if it's that short...

I was going to buy it the other day but got Mario Galaxy 2 instead, which by the sounds of it will last me much longer !
    Hiring is a good option, its not a game I would drop $50 on, $20 sure, (or $7 for the hire) the game is fun and nice enough looking for a Wii game, but the story is disjointed (plays on from the opening movie, the one that was used for the trailers). Unlike the PS3 version, the Wii version has the events in the Decepticon and Autobot campaign's running side by side rather than one after the other.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post

Agreed.

I actually found it fun, frustrating and boring. It's a bit odd really. Some parts were really enjoyable, and I found myself really getting in to it. Other parts were so easy it was actually boring and repetitive (and this is from a guy who is NOT a hardcore gamer!!), but then all of a sudden I'd come across this really difficult part that would just stop me completely.

I just finished the Autobot campaign last night... wasn't much of an "ending". The battle with Trypticon was a bit annoying because of the damn timer, and every time you die it went all the way back to the start of the friggin cut scene

The Decepticon campaign is a hell of a lot easier so far. I'm almost done.

All in all, it's still fun - just not something I'll play more than once!

How much should I expect the DS version to go for? We never got it in at work, and the other day when I was at K-Mart they didn't have it and couldn't tell me a price (they didn't have it on any console, it was weird). I'd really love to play as Cyclonus but am wondering if it's really worth it when I could just stick with the PS3. I'd also love to see what Cyclonus and the other extras actually look like, can't find them anywhere online.

RRP for the DS games is I think $50. Saw them in EB (Woden ACT) today for $37 each though so you may be able to find a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruten View Post
    RRP for the DS games is I think $50. Saw them in EB (Woden ACT) today for $37 each though so you may be able to find a good price.
    I picked up mine for about that at Big W. Though one cost a little more because I bought the Megatron DS case and stylus with one of the games. So if you shop around, you can probably find it for around that mark. It was on sale though, dunno if the sale is still going.