0 0%

0 0%
  • 5 - its so so

2 3.64%

2 3.64%

6 10.91%

18 32.73%

6 10.91%
  • 10 - BUY IT !!! or forever be shamed!!

19 34.55%
Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast

Thread: War For Cybertron Game Review

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    ^Are you talking about the DS version? Because thats what I was talking about. If so please teach me how to transform in mid air sensei
    Eee, I have found the DS version easy to TF in mid air. Falling off a ledge as a seeker and pressing the TF button did the trick for me and thats all there was to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    ^Are you talking about the DS version? Because thats what I was talking about. If so please teach me how to transform in mid air sensei
    Sorry I read what you wrote not the quote. It's confusing to have an all version review thread when each version is so different, specially while doing other stuff at work

hey guys, i've got a free download Shockwave and autobot jazz for just $10. if there's any takes, please contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Liking the DS Decepticon Game, it's fairly forgiving (takes some time to die due to being shot) and the fact that there is actual voice acting in a DS game is great.

Starting off the Decepticon game as an Autobot was cool too, actually threw me off, thought I must have gotten the wrong version by mistake.

Much better than the movie games, and so far, much more enjoyable than the animated game, which had a neat idea, but was poorly executed.
    I've decided to buy the Wii version when I next see it... I may just pick up a DS one as well.

Am I correct in assuming the Autobot and Decepticon versions are much the same, or is the Decepticon one better in some way ?

Quote Originally Posted by AussieJason View Post
    I've decided to buy the Wii version when I next see it... I may just pick up a DS one as well.

Am I correct in assuming the Autobot and Decepticon versions are much the same, or is the Decepticon one better in some way ?
    I'm not sure, I finished the Decepticon version, but yet to start the Autobot on the DS (got an English copy of SoulSilver to play through).

The best way to think of the Wii game is a Transformers version of Time Crisis II but with ammo options (infinite amount) more like Time Crisis III.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by AussieJason View Post
    Well, I have finished the Con one, but not completely (data disks and all Bot characters) but I like the Cons better, so that may give it a bit of bias. I started playing the Bot version, still good. Basically you go through the same areas, but in a different order and different objectives. Haven't played it in a couple of days because I have been too busy.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...-for-Cybertron

Yahtzee reviews WFC, generally hits the nail on the the head in his typical overly negative review

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/vide...-for-Cybertron

Yahtzee reviews WFC, generally hits the nail on the the head in his typical overly negative review
    Although I don't particularly agree with his interpretation of Transforming not being relevant to gameplay, I do agree that the gameplay as a whole is pretty standard. Not terrible but nothing really new - It's too by the numbers.

Although this 'streamlining' was made with the intention of reaching a wider audience, it actually alienates the non-Transfan gamers as it doesn't really offer anything that makes it stand out. The gameplay is not bad but the only real appeal of the game is the fairly well depicted TF G1 theme of the story but only fans can truly appreciate that which is ironic since the gameplay was kept simple in order to accomplish the opposite.

I am still a fan of the game but I am not blind that if I were not a TF fan, I would probably see it as an 'ok' arcade shooter, not much more than that.

It depends on the character and level. I'm currently playing the Decepticon campaign with Brawl, and sometimes the tank mode comes in handy when I just wanna pack an extra punch. I'm playing the Autobot campaign with Optimus Prime, and some of the levels where you have to race along the highways are easier done with vehicle mode (although robot mode is still possible).

I find the 'Prelude to Energon' (Armada) game was better in terms of engineering levels that forced you to use alternate between vehicle and robot mode. But I'm still pretty early in the game so I'll see how things pan out later.

Now off to rescue Zeta Prime - this surely won't be a trap!