0 0%

0 0%
  • 5 - its so so

2 3.64%

2 3.64%

6 10.91%

18 32.73%

6 10.91%
  • 10 - BUY IT !!! or forever be shamed!!

19 34.55%
Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111626 ... LastLast

Thread: War For Cybertron Game Review

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Controls, I thought I'd be playing on my xbox controller....... no way! The mouse/keyboard rules this game. The controller was too hard. I was quite surprised. Probably because there was no aim assist, or that I'm not used to using both sticks at the same time, I've only used my controller for driving games.

Graphics are amazing, consoles will never know 1920x1080 resolution. I left the graphics on its default of medium quality, and even that was great. The in game was better looking than the cuts. And not a hint of slowdown, very fast and smooth. Oh yea, it uses the unreal engine. That's why I can get kick arse graphics and get them fast.
    X360 WFC is in 1920x1080 resolution, as are most games for the console, and it's been that way for a loooong time.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    X360 WFC is in 1920x1080 resolution, as are most games for the console, and it's been that way for a loooong time.
    Yeah the last generation of consoles have been able to do that but the PC has been doing it for much longer

Finished the game yesterday. That was an awesome final 2 levels for both campaigns. Especially loved the Aerialbots level. My biggest gripe is the length. I want more!!! The story told is a small portion of the story, but the character chatter covers a lot of character backstory which was nice. The story told is a little too intimate. If there was another say 3 more missions for each campaign covering just a handful more of characters I think it'd be perfect. Also the final battle I was expecting didn't happen. So it kinda felt a little empty and cliffhanger like without *THAT* battle.

I thoroughly enjoyed it. I doubt I will play multiplayer outside of co-op though. So half the game is lost on me. I can highly reccomend it to any TF fan. For gamers this is a good diversion if a bit short, but there's multi, so that can pad out the value of the game for you. But for the price of a Voayger + $10, you can't go wrong. Nicely polished with just a couple of annoying bugs, I'd say this is the best TF game out (although I've never played the Armada game on PS2).

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Opps, I should have added higher (larger) texture sizes to that.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Stompy View Post
    Finished the game yesterday. That was an awesome final 2 levels for both campaigns. Especially loved the Aerialbots level. My biggest gripe is the length. I want more!!!.
    Here's hoping for another game in the future

I finally got it yesterday and started playing the campaign in chronological order. Took me a while to get used to the crosshairs off to the side (every now and then I would stand straight on to someone and open fire and wonder why they didn't die). But I love this game. Completed the first level as Brawl... loved transforming into a tank and blasting some bot a mile why. Completed the second level as Skywarp. I loved the seeker banter. Started level 3 as Soundwave and got a real kick out of using that shield thing as we got backed into a corner with some cloakers shooting at us.

I would of liked a bit more story like Starscream showing some doubt first not just "Oh you can use dark energon. Let me join you". Love Jetfire's accent too. Overall I am having a ball playing this game mainly due to the fact it's a transformers game. But still for $20 after trade in I'm as happy as a pig in ....
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Oh I was going to ask is the narrator the same guy who did G1 because if it isn't he does bloody good impression of him?

I got the Wii version and from what I've read of other formats it's very streamlined.
    No character selection available: each stage you start as a predetermined character (i.e the first Autobot stage you are Sideswipe, Megatron in the first Decepticon one) but even worse you can't transform! The game will transform you for the driving/flying stages but that's it. The Transformers movie game had many faults but at least in that one you could transform whenever you wanted.
    To me there's nothing uniquely "Transformers" about the game. It could be about any alien race in a civil war.
    Having said all that I do like the game and more importantly so do my kids. I just wish the Wii version could have had more to it.

One thng I was going to mention. Is this supposed to be in G1 canon? I thought I saw one of the interviews where that was mentioned. Then how does "dark" energon fit into G1 because I've never heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    One thng I was going to mention. Is this supposed to be in G1 canon? I thought I saw one of the interviews where that was mentioned. Then how does "dark" energon fit into G1 because I've never heard of it.
    I've lost track of what canon it is. I read of TFW2005 yesterday about a short story from Alex Irvine that explains how BB lost his voice and it sets up the Movie universe, yet I thought this had nothing to do with Movie and moreso G1, especially since IDW set up the backstory for Movie universe.

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    The Transformers movie game had many faults but at least in that one you could transform whenever you wanted.
    But in that turd of a game, you could only transform to utilise a slightly better than useless "special attack" and then you returned straight back to robot mode.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)