0 0%

0 0%
  • 5 - its so so

2 3.64%

2 3.64%

6 10.91%

18 32.73%

6 10.91%
  • 10 - BUY IT !!! or forever be shamed!!

19 34.55%
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: War For Cybertron Game Review

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    Multi is good fun! Its not easy to make decent custom characters, but some of my better efforts are Wasp, G2 Breakdown, Darkwing, Ultra Magnus, Hoist & Snap Trap
    Love to see some pics of them.

Just remember that an "official" review (like from Gamespot and IGN etc etc) is one persons point of view on the game. Also one which they are entitled to. Remember too that each of the websites have their own target demographics and slides the scale towards said audience.

Best way to deal with reviews is read a variety of them. I highly suggest Metacritic.com for an average score across all major websites and read a few. Not just the high scoring ones. Read a high scoring one, a middling one and a low scoring one. You'll get a better general idea as a whole between all you have read. Then go and check out user comments/reviews. Eg. Everyone's own impressions and reviews in this thread and other forums. Read what gamers say and also read what fans of the particular franchise say. Me bing a gamer would only rate WfC as a game at 7/10 but as a TF fan I give it an 8.

Basing a purchase on one review alone is not a good indication. We all have our own sub/objectivities when it comes to anything so take it with a grain of salt and research research research. There's demo's and video's easily available so be a little independent because in the end it is you who will be making the decision on spending the money.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    In the reviews forum section, users are posting in outrage as apparently the review is so full of factual errors and inconsistencies to the actual game, that it seems as if the Reviewer played another game altogether.
    He might have been playing Cybertron Adventures on the Wii...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Can't trust gamespot anyway, they fired a guy for giving a bad game a bad review because it was being heavily advertised on the site. Obviously gamespot weren't getting paid enough to give it a better score

Quote Originally Posted by sifun View Post
    Loving the PC version, 1900x1200 resolution goodness
    looks fantastic-
    So far played one chapter, quite impressed.
    How did you get it?

Had a couple of mates play Cybertron Adventures, they too felt it was a bit too simplistic, and healing while behind cover was too quick, but they enjoyed it, worth a hire for a night, but I wouldnt pay more than about $30 for it.

Now they have both been convinced to buy the PS3 version...muhahaha.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Just finished the game, what a ride! I felt that playing on hard was the perfect challenge for the most part - their were a few tricky parts here and there eg. [spoiler]Defending Omega Supreme[/spoiler] but overall it was really nicely balanced and most importantly, a helluva lot of fun! just one negative, where is the split-screen multiplayer + Escalation?? Come on, Gears of War 1 did it, why not a game that comes out years later that uses the same engine? Here's hoping it will be in the 2nd game and include some of the maps from WFC!

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Alright. I just finished the decepticon campaign. It "felt" longer than the autobot one, but character choice was far fewer. I made it a point to not go the "leader" or the "scout side kick" but whatever else was available, so;

I went brawl, skywarp, soundwave, soundwave, soundwave.

The decepticon campaign was more interesting, but the autobots had more character choices.

Funniest thing was watching breakdown get smashed by the trains and respawn. Repeatedly.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Had a couple of mates play Cybertron Adventures, they too felt it was a bit too simplistic, and healing while behind cover was too quick, but they enjoyed it, worth a hire for a night, but I wouldnt pay more than about $30 for it.

Now they have both been convinced to buy the PS3 version...muhahaha.
    People are suspecting that the Gamespot reviewer actually played that version of the game as the issues he addresses appear to be unique to that version.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Gamespot has given War for Cybertron a really bad and negative review. The reviewer gave the game a 6.5 but the way he carries on it seems that he hated it completely.
    Dunno why all the negative review - I've completed the game and I have to say it is the best Transformers game we had in years and stays true to the G1 styling and story line - albeit with High Moon's own take on it.

No spoilers here but suffice to say that if there is anything bad about the game is that it may be altogether too short for some people and your allies AI is real bad in helping you out and that certain mission require certain robots!