Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: And I give you......Reissue G1 Seacons!

Looks like I came back just in time, this is exciting news.
    If enough of these sell it might indeed encourage further reissues of combiners.
    I'm pretty interested in getting this, depending on my savings.
    So, anyone going to organise a Sydney group order?
    I would think about it but I've been absent for awhile so I figure I might wait till I've been back awhile before doing this stuff again.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

http://www.hk-tf.com/discuz/upload/v...extra=page%3D1

No apparent rub symbols either. Anyone else who has these confirm?

Would be good to ID sets trying to pass off as genuine vintage.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

There are a few different paint apps that was mentioned in another thread so they shouldn't be that easily mistaken for vintage. And don't forget that rubsigns can be bought through reprolabels.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Pictures at TFW of this set.

Overbite looks terrible. What happened to his dark purple? Snap Trap's head is green...

yeah not digging that green head on snap trap. the pink shark is ok i guess. Hmm makes me wnder if takara is going to release a more accuare version of this toy. I reckon they will.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    Pictures at TFW of this set.

Overbite looks terrible. What happened to his dark purple? Snap Trap's head is green...
    Whilst the reason for the changes remains unknown, i can't say they look terrible.

Ask yourself, if they were originally in these colours, and now changing to black head + dark purple, would you'd be complaining all the same?

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat
    Ask yourself, if they were originally in these colours, and now changing to black head + dark purple, would you'd be complaining all the same?
    I think some of us would be praising the changes. Fans have praised changes made to reissues before, e.g.:
    + blue eyes on TFC Sideswipe (nicer than just silver like the rest of his face)
    + separate colours for faces and eyes on reissue Multi Force... though technically it makes them less show-like, I think they look better.
    + reissue Action Master Optimus Prime's colours crap all over the original.
    + a lot of people prefer the new face and eye colours on reissue Wheelie
    + quite a few people are excited about the metallic gold decos on the upcoming Predaking reissue

...so it's not necessarily people hating the change just because it's different.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat
    Whilst the reason for the changes remains unknown, i can't say they look terrible.
    G1 bias aside, objectively speaking they do look dull compared to the original colours because they don't provide as much contrast. Original Snaptrap's turqoise head is offset by his black head, and the yellow eyes also better contrast against black. The turqoise head here just blends in with the same-colour chest and the yellow eyes don't contrast as well (since yellow is closer to blue/green). This new Overbite has way too much magenta which looks quite bland compared to the original which was predominantly purple which was accented by the magenta upper arms and fists.

A nicer change might be if they painted Snaptrap's faceplate silver to match his original G1 boxart. I'd consider that an improvement. But the current changes we've seen make them look worse.

Having said all that, the changes don't bother me too much as I already have the original Seacons. I really want the reissue for the Piranacon parts, and I actually like the chrome sword (IMO that's an improvement over lavender). I intend on displaying the reissues as Piranacon and my original Seacons as individual robots anyway.

Yeah i see that opinions can and are of course allowed to differ. Even i prefer the purple (though arguably Piranacon is more unified now since there was never any other purple). And i also prefer the chrome sword.. the black head i'm indifferent on. But they're mostly arbitrary changes, so saying it looks Terrible just struck me as an odd thing to say - i'm not one to pull out dictionary excerpts but here's one for good measure

Quote Originally Posted by Apple Dictionary
    Terrible: extremely and shockingly or distressingly bad or serious
    Though, knowing heroic_decepticons collecting tastes, i guess if anyone was truly going to think it was terrible, it'd be him

I personally believe that the changes here are lesser than the original color scheme. I agree with Gok that the blue head doesn't look as good as the black as it now blends in with the rest of the body rather than standing out. I also agree that Overbites colors are off and much more garish than the original and kind of break the uniform color scheme of the Seacons.

However having said that, if I didn't already own a complete 1988 G1 Piranacon, I would certainly go for this set. If the new colors continued to bother me, I would simply try to acquire a loose vintage Snaptrap and Overbite of Ebay. Loose Seacons with no accessories can be very cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I personally believe that the changes here are lesser than the original color scheme. I agree with Gok that the blue head doesn't look as good as the black as it now blends in with the rest of the body rather than standing out. I also agree that Overbites colors are off and much more garish than the original and kind of break the uniform color scheme of the Seacons.

However having said that, if I didn't already own a complete 1988 G1 Piranacon, I would certainly go for this set. If the new colors continued to bother me, I would simply try to acquire a loose vintage Snaptrap and Overbite of Ebay. Loose Seacons with no accessories can be very cheap.

If it really bothers people that much, I'll sell you my G1 Seacons, I've bought the reissue, I had to have that sword!
    Last edited by fatbot; 18th July 2010 at 07:55 AM.
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496