Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: And I give you......Reissue G1 Seacons!

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post

Ask yourself, if they were originally in these colours, and now changing to black head + dark purple, would you'd be complaining all the same?
    Yes. I can just imagine a black head being called a third gun, and the purple garish and out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

G1 bias aside, objectively speaking they do look dull compared to the original colours because they don't provide as much contrast. Original Snaptrap's turqoise head is offset by his black head, and the yellow eyes also better contrast against black. The turqoise head here just blends in with the same-colour chest and the yellow eyes don't contrast as well (since yellow is closer to blue/green). This new Overbite has way too much magenta which looks quite bland compared to the original which was predominantly purple which was accented by the magenta upper arms and fists.

A nicer change might be if they painted Snaptrap's faceplate silver to match his original G1 boxart. I'd consider that an improvement. But the current changes we've seen make them look worse.
    Snaptraps head no longer blends in with the back cannons.

Overbite now looks like it belongs to the set.

The colours are more thought out this time and create a more "tropical" monster. That, and it would've been cheaper to produce it like this. Those extra colours might've added $10 to the set. Gotta off-set the cost of the chrome sword too.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Yeah i see that opinions can and are of course allowed to differ. Even i prefer the purple (though arguably Piranacon is more unified now since there was never any other purple). And i also prefer the chrome sword.. the black head i'm indifferent on. But they're mostly arbitrary changes, so saying it looks Terrible just struck me as an odd thing to say
    heroic_decepticon was just stating his opinion. There's nothing terribly odd about that, regardless of whether we agree with him or not. My last post I was just providing reasons for why people might dislike the reissue colours (aside from "cos it's different from G1") - and in MV75's recent post he's provided reasons for the affirmative.

As you said, everyone has their own different opinions. Hell, at this year's BotCon kitbash comp there were several custom Thundercrackers all based on his Action Master colours! A lot of people (myself included) think that AM Thundercracker has disgusting colours... and when I saw those customs I thought, "Who the hell would _want_ to make customs inspired by that garishly awful thing?!?" -- but clearly whoever made that is a big fan of AM Thundercracker's colours. Either that or had too much time and money to waste on a joke.

Personally, what happened here is a bit of an example of something I have seen on the board a few times before. It isn't just about isolated comments from a particular individual harshly putting down an opinion he doesn't agree with as I have seen this scenario happen with other people in separate threads too and this includes board staff.

When something is enthusiastically liked by the majority and someone expresses an opinion that goes against that, he is either attacked, ridiculed or accused of negativity even when the person in question is just expressing his opinion with explained points as to why he feels that way.

If an opinion is not agreed then do what MV75 did in the thread above and give your own reasons as to why you disagree and prefer the changes.
    Last edited by kup; 18th July 2010 at 12:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    When something is enthusiastically liked by the majority and someone expresses an opinion that goes against that, he is either attacked, ridiculed or accused of negativity even when the person in question is just expressing his opinion with explained points as to why he feels that way.
    You do know we're joking when we make fun of your irrational hatred of Sea Spray, though, don't you Mr. Kup?

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    You do know we're joking when we make fun of your irrational hatred of Sea Spray, though, don't you Mr. Kup?
    Yeah but more went on behind the scenes and I don't hate Seaspray, I just don't like it and think he is a poor tribute and toy.

Now let's get back to talking about awesome Drift - oh sorry, Seacons

Do we know for sure exactly what this set includes? (I know the images on the sides of the box picture the individual weapons and Targetmaster bases, but since they also show the toys and accessories in their original colours, so it would be good to know to what extent the 'product may vary' from the packaging in terms of number of accessories.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Do we know for sure exactly what this set includes? (I know the images on the sides of the box picture the individual weapons and Targetmaster bases, but since they also show the toys and accessories in their original colours, so it would be good to know to what extent the 'product may vary' from the packaging in terms of number of accessories.)
    From the pics at TFW, it seems that it comes with all the accessories that the 1988 release did and appear to be the same color as the original for the most part. This includes the 5 black stands and weapons matching the original colors except for Overbite's gun which is now red and the sword which is now chromed.
    Last edited by kup; 18th July 2010 at 05:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Personally, what happened here is a bit of an example of something I have seen on the board a few times before. It isn't just about isolated comments from a particular individual harshly putting down an opinion he doesn't agree with as I have seen this scenario happen with other people in separate threads too and this includes board staff.

If an opinion is not agreed then do what MV75 did in the thread above and give your own reasons as to why you disagree and prefer the changes.
    Kup, harsh would have been calling him an *** idiot. I just said "i can't call them terrible", and then that i too actually preferred the purple on overbite, whilst being indifferent on the head.
    Last edited by SofaMan; 18th July 2010 at 03:11 PM.

If you're on the fence about getting him this might help.

http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub...ict-t67510.php

Quote Originally Posted by sideswipes brother View Post
    If you're on the fence about getting him this might help.

http://www.seibertron.com/energonpub...ict-t67510.php
    See, now I am on the fence about getting it
    I mean I dont have any Seacons and would like to have them though, so I suppose it depends, and maybe that's just an isolated incident.

If it isnt...
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbot View Post
    If it really bothers people that much, I'll sell you my G1 Seacons, I've bought the reissue, I had to have that sword!
    I might have to ask you about this