Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Transformers Henkei (Takara Classics) Review

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

How cool would this be?

I heard another rumour that they were gonna release Skywarp & Thundercracker as a 2-pack at the end of the Henkei line ala Robotmasters

Come On TakaraTomy - Do it! Do it! Do ittttttttt!!!!!!
    Last edited by Pulse; 2nd April 2008 at 11:34 AM.

That'd be awesome and would save me about 800 bucks.

If Takara releases those, Jaydisc you can have my Games of Deception for $600

or Pulse, just wait for Justitoys to release the KOs
    Last edited by Paulbot; 28th March 2008 at 12:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    If Takara releases those, Jaydisc you can have my Games of Deception for $600

or Pulse, just wait for Justitoys to release the KOs
    haha someone willing to let go of the Botcon 2007 set

Got the set of 6 Henkei figures a week or two ago, and don't want to be repeating STL's posting of all the differences, so will just say how surprised I was to see that they had chromed parts (no idea that they had them until I got them), but fear that the negative side-effect of that has been some parts are now unable to fit properly. Both Mirage's gun and one of Grimlock's small dino-arms don't fit because of the extra layering of chroming, so am going to have to 'deface' the toys by sanding down the non-chromed part to make them fit.
    The other thing I noticed was how different the paint apps are on the Takara figures compared to the Hasbro ones, especially with Optimus. The grey highlights on the red parts are all totally different patterns, while some parts are moulded in different coloured plastics for the different Optimus figure. The truck grill and back half of the upper legs on the Takara version are red plastic painted chrome and gray compared to the Hasbro version being gray plastic as grey and painted blue.
    Megatron - I think this would be a toy that no one could say they like the Hasbro colours better than the Takara one.
    Starscream - like Optimus, it has just about every body panel with a different pattern of paint app to the Hasbro version. And the jet mode's paint apps closer reflect the Gen1 colour scheme.
    I think Bumblebee is a little too boring without the white paint pattern that the Hasbro version has. I know that original Bumblebee was all yellow, but this is a bigger form, so a bigger blob of yellow just looks boring.
    Mirage is one that looks just as good in both versions. The brighter white of the Takara version makes it look cleaner and nicer, but the chrome on the weapon prevents it from fitting in the fist hole, so neither version really outshines the other.
    Behind Megatron, Grimlock would be the next most different to the Hasbro version. The shiny bits look pretty, but don't impress me that much, because it is a mix-match effect by not having the entire toy shiny. I'm actually more impressed with the red abdomen colouring of the robot mode, to better reflect the Gen1 toy.
    Overall I think the Takara versions are better, and with our crazy prices in Australia, it's cheaper to get the better versions.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

I certainly prefer the colours of the Henkei figures better (haven't got them yet - but I will)... Megatron and Starscream look great!

After having Prime for a few weeks now, i have to say that the Takara version is head and shoulders superior. Prime used to be a very good toy w/ his Hasbro paint apps in my mind. But Henkei Prime has elevated the mould so much in my mind.

It's a bold statement for me (given my infatuation w/ the Skyfire mold) but I would equate Henkei Prime w/ Classics Jetfire.

The paint applications just do so much. They are so incredibly subtle but they make the toy in every sense the perfect playable version of G1 Prime. Masterpiece Prime is a toy I have nothing but love for but it's poseability and playability pales in comparison to Henkei Prime. It's amazing what a redeco can do.

And in the same vein as I fanatically scooped up doubles of Classics Skyfire, I think I may need 4 or 5 Henkei Primes.

Henkei Prime is awesome, love that chrome! I'd like to see what they do to the Jetfire fig, surely not much more can top that!

I also don't think that much more can be done for Henkei Jetfire.

It is a rare thing but Hasbro did an excellent job with Classics Jetfire so I don't know what more can be done to improve it. They can add chrome but that would go against the original color scheme of the character unless its subtle but that won't be much of a change.

I am also interested to see if the Classics Hot Rod will have any defining improvements.

Mostly though I am looking forward to Henkei releases of the Universe molds, they will rock!