Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion: OTCA Collection Album

Yeah, imagine sitting there, flipping through the pages of the awesome album - 'oh look, there's dirge's collection, and there's my collection, and then liegeprime's and then griffin's, and more of griffin's, and even more of griffin's! '

Rather than showcasing entire collections, how about showcasing certain highlights from people's collections? The problem with showing entire collections is that most of our collections are constantly in flux. I photograph my collection once a year, but usually after I post the photos, soon afterwards it's already out of date because I've acquired new toys. A few months later I've rearranged things and it looks even more different.

So perhaps an e-Book might be better cos then people could update their collection pics. But if we were to showcase say certain portions - like say completed portions (that way they're not likely to change anytime soon) then that might be better?

Just an idea

hmmm... maybe it can be an OTCA collectors' book. 4 pages to each member (who wants in). 1 page contains "fan-scannish" info of said member. 2 pages of photos selected by member him/herself. 1 page of the members' photos selected as favourites by other members.

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    hmmm... maybe it can be an OTCA collectors' book. 4 pages to each member (who wants in). 1 page contains "fan-scannish" info of said member. 2 pages of photos selected by member him/herself. 1 page of the members' photos selected as favourites by other members.

i like this, you could probably getaway with a half page bio on the collector the second half perhaps a overall collection shot..
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

I am working on a few prototype page designs right now based on Heroic Decepticon's idea (which was basically what I had in mind at the start of the thread). I will be back later in the day with a few designs uploaded

Update: sorry guys, since my net is going really slow it's making photo uploading a NIGHTMARE and I've been very busy today I haven't really got that much time to work on many page designs, so I only created one. Right now I'm trying to upload it but photobucket ain't being so nice to me >_<
    Last edited by SkyWarp91; 2nd July 2010 at 11:18 PM.

Default PROTOTYPE BIO PAGE

Behold, a G1-themed Bio Page with an example collector!

THAT... is awesome!!!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

this sounds lie an awesome idea. i'm all for the collection book with profiles of all the members!

Heroic Decepticon's idea sounds like a good way to go. Skywarp's page is pretty, although readers would get bored if it's the same questions being answered by a different collector every four pages - people should be able to jazz up the content of their profile pages to make them more interesting, varied and personalised.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Heroic Decepticon's idea sounds like a good way to go. Skywarp's page is pretty, although readers would get bored if it's the same questions being answered by a different collector every four pages - people should be able to jazz up the content of their profile pages to make them more interesting, varied and personalised.
    Oh yes these questions I had made were thought up on the spot within the duration of 2 minutes! May I have examples of what else to add onto profiles to make them more lively?

I was thinking of redecoing my above example in Deceipticon colours, making some G2 themes, some BW themes. universe/classics themes, movie themes and even animated. By jazzing up I suppose members, if they wanted to, deviate away from typical questions and write whatever they want...