Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Suggestion: OTCA Collection Album

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Oh yes these questions I had made were thought up on the spot within the duration of 2 minutes! May I have examples of what else to add onto profiles to make them more lively?

I was thinking of redecoing my above example in Deceipticon colours, making some G2 themes, some BW themes. universe/classics themes, movie themes and even animated. By jazzing up I suppose members, if they wanted to, deviate away from typical questions and write whatever they want...
    The good questions you have are definitely the ones about collecting in general. (I.e.what got you into collecting/how you got your first toy.) People would 'read' this because they want to see pretty pictures of toys and they also might be interested in people's interesting/funny/unusual anecdotes about collecting. Lists of one dude or another's least or most favourite toys only become interesting if there's some kind of story behind it, so people would need to explain why Optimus Prime is their most prized possession, the reason they only collect Beast Wars toys, what their greatest collecting experience has been, etc. Isolated facts are boring, but the stories behind them can be intriguing.

I was thinking of redecoing my above example in Deceipticon colours, making some G2 themes, some BW themes. universe/classics themes, movie themes and even animated. By jazzing up I suppose members, if they wanted to, deviate away from typical questions and write whatever they want...[/QUOTE]

You could give each member a themed bio for what they collect. I know most members collect from every series but there are some that only certain lines. For example if verno wanted to get in on this he could have a beast wars themed design for his bio.

Also I think its important to show off more than just G1, most collectors prize their G1 stuff over everything else and would want people to see them. But if the book wants to be more than just an album and also a resource it would have to show other lines in detail.
    Hunting:
    Beast Wars/Machines/Neo/Second

Maybe you could also include a Beast Wars themed page with the red scales and reptilian eye as often seen on BW TF packaging. You could have a green or purple flare for a Maximal or Predacon theme.

e.g.
    Maximal
    Predacon

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Maybe you could also include a Beast Wars themed page with the red scales and reptilian eye as often seen on BW TF packaging. You could have a green or purple flare for a Maximal or Predacon theme.

e.g.
    Maximal
    Predacon
    Ooh, that'd be interesting to work on. Might take a while For now I'm taking a break and will get back later down the week with some more designs!

Digging this thread up. It's been on my mind again since that third party toys book started asking for crowd sourcing money. I still think this would be a great book to help put together. But I think you'd used a service like Blurb and print to order if you want a copy.

A project like this might help keep me busy (and distract me from those personal issues that are troubling me). So watch out Ozformers, I may be asking you for some digital photos soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Digging this thread up. It's been on my mind again since that third party toys book started asking for crowd sourcing money. I still think this would be a great book to help put together. But I think you'd used a service like Blurb and print to order if you want a copy.

A project like this might help keep me busy (and distract me from those personal issues that are troubling me). So watch out Ozformers, I may be asking you for some digital photos soon.
    it is always something i have wanted to see and try, glad your giving it another crack!
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    So watch out Ozformers, I may be asking you for some digital photos soon.
    Ask away. I'll help as best as I can.

Coolgardie WA, but Townsville (the last 15 years)

could you post a link to your pics. they coming up as 'pic is deleted' in the threads here.

Also i think this will only work for those people that have a tf room set up, where things never move and you are able to watch the collection grow. For those that are on the hunt for every rare object in the universe. I don't think its really going to apply to small collections which have f'ck all in it, new collections and those that move around so much there is no special set up.