Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestion: OTCA Collection Album

Default Suggestion: OTCA Collection Album

This post was also mentioned in the 'What are we missing as a community thread'.

We should publish/put together like an album that contains every single TF owned by OTCA members...

...imagine the front cover...

...in sexy Decepticon Purple...

...or rusted bronze...

I was thinking about this a little while ago when I was using the site Blurb. If people submitted good quality photographs and someone was willing to do some layout work, it could produce a nice looking book.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I was thinking about this a little while ago when I was using the site Blurb. If people submitted good quality photographs and someone was willing to do some layout work, it could produce a nice looking book.
    I'll be willing to do the layout work, but it'd take some time though.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    hmmm need a NEW good SLR digi camera then... need to save hehehe
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

good idea i should start taking photos

Would we be cataloguing just every toy, supplied by ”collector” or would we showcase people’s entire collections as a whole? Could add in a collector bio too
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Perhaps we could make our own version of Transformers Generations - but in English!

One problem with fan made projects like JE Alvarez's Guide and even TFU.info is that they have toys that aren't in pristine condition. Because very few of us have collections comprised of flawless toys -- I know I don't because I love playing with them and most of my G1 collection are my childhood toys. But there are a few which are in excellent condition worth photographing. With a collective effort we could have people submit photos of their best condition toys - and the editor could just take the best looking shots.

Some things we could also include that Generations doesn't do might be:
    + Pictures of accessories. TFU.info does it as does that series of books by Harold Tietjens, Doug Dlin etc.
    + Comparative pictures with variants (including reissues). Again, something that a collaborative effort would assist with (e.g. I could contribute images of lucky draw Chrome Bluestreak)
    + A chapter on how to ID counterfeits.

Now... would it be legally possible to publish this book for sale considering that we are dealing with Hasbro's property? Because obtaining a licence would cost $10k. Perhaps we should ask Alvarez, Dlin or Tietjens and see how they got around it... although they're Americans and Hasbro USA's interaction with Transfans seems quite different from Hasbro AU's in my observation and experience. (-_-)

I don't think the idea is to show pristine toys but to show each and every collection board members have here or did I read this wrong

I like the idea of an album showcasing members' displays more than members' entire collections.

I like the idea of excellent photography showcasing minty examples of toys, complete with all accessories.
    Printing a book is taking it a bit far though. That requires a lot of work and mucho dinero. Maybe instead a high quality pdf or even make use of Jay's database.