Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ROTF Buster Prime & Jetfire pack in AUS

Default ROTF Buster Prime & Jetfire pack in AUS

Saw this on Seibertron

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...stralia/19087/

Is this like the MP magnus that showed up at target?

$150? is that worth it?

I dont collect movie figs.. but its tempting.

It's 2 Leader figures (and the 2 that combine at that) for $150 - bearing in mind that Leaders usually go for $80-$90 at full retail price it's a bargain, though not a massive one - you'd save about the price of a normal Deluxe. Buster Prime's meant to be about as good as Movie Primes get, but like you I'm not much of a Movie collector so it may pay to get someone else's input.

Ultimately, whether it's worth it comes down to whether you want them - you may find them cheaper on sale later but AFAIK Buster Prime hasn't been released over here on its own (I could well be wrong on this one) and Jetfire is a bit of an older mold so you risk missing one or both of them at mass retail that way. If you just want Buster Prime you might as well have the flight mode option, if you just want Jetfire I'd pass on the set and look for one on its own. If you don't like one of them you can just sell it later on and recoup part of the extra cost.
    Last edited by Ode to a Grasshopper; 2nd July 2010 at 10:35 PM. Reason: There's no i in team, but there is an i in retail...

Yeah Ode's pretty spot on with the advice. ROTF Buster Prime is the best movie Prime out there and it'd make an awesome addition to your collection. Shame though that hasbro didn't design the original ROTF Leader PRime like Buster Prime back in 2009... otherwise I would have had a kickass Movie OP!

That pack's on sale now at Kmart for $149. Compared to hasbro prime, it does have more detailed features as well as better paint job and chrome. There is also difference in the jetfire, more distinct colored paint, gloss and "dirt" marks.

For a takara version, that's quite a good price for a leader two pack.
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

Looking forward to hearing that come mid September it has been reduced down to under $100 so I csan grab it when I am visiting Sydney..

When I saw it - it had Tomy Takara labelling on it.

Could these be Kmart direct importing?

I am waiting for Kmart 20% discount on TF.... $135 from $169

$149 is still too exp for me as I already have the std version.

Just grabbed the Prime from eBay... can't wait for it to arrive! I've been looking for a reasonably priced ROTF Prime and him (alone) was it!

I saw one of these packs at a Pawnbroker the other day. He had it for $400.00 MISB. At that price i don't think he is too much of a hurry to get rid of it.

i remember that set going on clearance at Kmart for $99.