Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quick review: Impossible Toys TRNS-01 Valkyrie

Quote Originally Posted by SamLoi888 View Post
    You think Hasbro and Takara would be sued if they copied the mould?
    Why would they? If Haskara wanted to do a G1 or G1-like Arcee toy, they would probably do a better job, using a design that better suits being made into a robot and a car.

Besides, they own the IP for the G1 Arcee character model.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Interesting notion isnt it, They(hasbro) didnt come up with ANY G1 arcee toy at all so this mould is basically not theirs. Although the Character it is based on is their intellectual property, should they sue this fella, could this fella sue back? I think Hasbro should just leave this alone, Theyve had oodles of multiple chances to make 1 for her and every single time they can it, botch it up or just isnt a G1 Arcee.... So if they are not prepared ( 20+ years is quite a looong yah know) for whatever reasons to create one like this then I say step aside and leave people be. Its not stepping on any of their product on sale anyhow.
    Haskara not doing something, not doing it soon enough and/or not doing it to your satisfaction isn't grounds for them to "step aside" and let other (unauthorised) parties simply do whatever they want. That might cause problems for Haskara's control of their IP in the long term.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

foor is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I finally got mine today.

Despite it being made of cheap garbage and feeling like it's worth $3, when it's on my shelf I can't help but smile. It's a G1 Arcee. That doesn't make it worth it's hefty price tag, but it kind of numbs the pain a little...

Mine actually BROKE too. I tried transforming her and the seats on her back just snapped off...

Durnit. This sounds like a cheap (as in cheaply made) knock-off.

I'm gonna wait til fansproject do an Arcee. Or Hasbro does.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    Durnit. This sounds like a cheap (as in cheaply made) knock-off.

I'm gonna wait til fansproject do an Arcee. Or Hasbro does.
    If Fans Projects does an Arcee, I doubt it will be character model accurate like this one. The toy would nicely represent the character but it's design would be considerably different like with Defender.

She looks friggin awesome with faction symbols there.
    I'm very afraid to take mine out of the box though, in case I
    find a crap paint job........ decisions decisions.

I posted it in another thread, but if anyone is curious to see the box art,
    here's her tech spec bio

On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!