Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TRNS-01 VALKYRIE IN HAND

I just *love* the packaging, especially the new box art and tech spec on the back. It just *feels* like a G1 boxed transformer, and I've missed seeing a 'new' one in that style for so long.

On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

I got mine today and opened her.

Yes she has poor paint quality and thin plastic (although above KO) but absolutely loving her toy design

Beautiful sculpt, the pictures don't do justice to her. The transformation is very simple but intuitive, fun and very effective on both modes.

I can tell that a lot of love went into the design of this figure and this shows in her sculpt, engineering and even her instructions and box art as reyllid pointed out. Unfortunately she is drastically short changed during the mass manufacturing process as the materials feel very cheap on everything including the instructions which is printed so poorly that it looks faded.

Arcee's sculpt has aesthetics which fit more with G1 toys, specially when standing still but she is also very articulated but her little feet limit poses. While displayed in dynamic poses, she looks more like a Classics toy than G1 which is great. Basically, stand her still in a static 'G1 toy' stance and she fits well with your vintage toys. Pose her dynamically and she fits right in with Classics. Fantastic.

All the toys that we got in the group order have some sort of defect which can be seen from the box. Thankfully all the toys we got do not seem to have anything major and more in the realm of minor defects. The one I opened has a dark grey paint dot on the front side of the car hood but nothing too jarring.

Despite all that I am completely in love with the design and that alone makes me forgive all her defects

I am glad I bought her.

Last edited by kup; 28th July 2010 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I am glad I bought her.
    Geez... get a room you two

Glad to hear you are happy with your purchase kup. Makes me almost want to get one.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Geez... get a room you two

Glad to hear you are happy with your purchase kup. Makes me almost want to get one.
    I have to highlight that she is made of sub-par materials and has questionable QC issues. Technically she is definitely not worth the asking price. One has to see past those flaws to like her which are not minor.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I have to highlight that she is made of sub-par materials and has questionable QC issues.
    So it's made by Hasbro? *boom-TISH*

I'm here all week... try the veal

Thanks for the heads-up kup. I'll probably wait until I see it for a more reasonable price.
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

I was really wanting both Arcee and the Paramedic version but the pricing put the nail in the coffin as far as purchasing this item went

very tempting...il hav eto wait and see if robotkingdom gets her in stock...will it happen dont know *fingers cross*

I did want this figure, but I will agree with 1orion2many when I say that the nail in the coffin was the price.

I still hold out some glimmer of hope that Hasbro will a good Arcee figure in time.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    I still hold out some glimmer of hope that Hasbro will a good Arcee figure in time.
    Not a fan of Animated Arcee?
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Not a fan of Animated Arcee?
    Well I am not an Animated collector, but that figure looks good none the less.