Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: beast wars TM2 Dinobot robot leg joints

Default beast wars TM2 Dinobot robot leg joints

anyone have comments about beast wars transmetals 2 dinobots(american) robot leg ball joints????
    my figure's are very loose and i have read reviews and been told that this is a common problem with this figure?-true or false??(...or can i solve this problem by purchasing a m.o.s.c figure?)
    kind of over such a cool figure doing the "display splits"!!!
    any help appreciated! cheers,tjparkside

I think it was a common design flaw. So buying MOSC won't necessarily mean you will get one that doesn't have the problem.

Simple solution that I use and alot of others use is coat the ball with clear nail polish or super glue, let it dry and then put it back in. usually does the trick. Sometimes if it is really loose, do more than one coat, but let it dry before you do more. Just don't over do it

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    I think it was a common design flaw. So buying MOSC won't necessarily mean you will get one that doesn't have the problem.

Simple solution that I use and alot of others use is coat the ball with clear nail polish or super glue, let it dry and then put it back in. usually does the trick. Sometimes if it is really loose, do more than one coat, but let it dry before you do more. Just don't over do it
    1AZRAEL1 is , as normal , right as TM2 Dinobot's legs suffer from a minor design floor but also the fact that the figure is quite top heavy.

I'd definitely suggest giving the proposed method that 1AZRAEL1 has suggested a go.

Best of luck.

thanks for the helpful replies! i must try that method!
    I am finding that i have a growing interest in figure repair &/or making figures from partial figures/parts along with helping others do the same! i should list some parts to sell(mainly beast wars) shortly!
    speaking of building up a figure,this is my transmutate so far!(pic)
    Last edited by tjparkside; 20th August 2011 at 12:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tjparkside View Post
    thanks for the helpful replies! i must try that method!
    I am finding that i have a growing interest in figure repair &/or making figures from partial figures/parts along with helping others do the same! i should list some parts to sell(mainly beast wars) shortly!
    speaking of building up a figure,this is my transmutate so far!(pic)
    Glad we could help.

Repairs and the completion of figures by repair can be quite rewarding and gratifying and I know that your help would be very much appreciated within the community.

If you've got parts that you'd be willing to part with then I'd say definitely build a list, I know many people would be curious, my self included as you wouldn't happen to have a pair of Beast Wars Ironhide clubs would you?, they're the last 2 bits I need to complete my Beast Wars Magnaboss and the 2nd and 3rd last pieces for my Beast Wars collection to be complete (In my eyes anyway ).

Building poor old Transmutate is certainly a challenge and I wish you luck.
    I've only been recently able to acquire her courtesy of Verno, a damn nice price too I might add considering what she goes for on eBay.

Yes, I too would be very interested in what parts you may have, I like to complete incomplete 'bots myself.

Oh stop it Hursti, you're making me blush

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

The way I built Transmutate was that when news of the reissues came out, I asked for anyone who was intending on buying any of the reissues but not intending on building Transmutate to please sell me their Transmutate parts. And it worked pretty well all except for Dinobot - I couldn't find anyone who bought Dinobot who didn't want the Transmutate part. So I ended up getting a reissue Dinobot, keeping the Transmutate part, and later selling Dinobot off to someone.

So if you can't find anyone to sell you Transmutate parts, another option you might consider is just to buy the toys, keep the parts, then sell the toys second hand. I recently did the same thing with Human Alliance where I bought Bumblebee, Sideswipe and Skids - kept Epps, Mikaela and Sam, and sold the Autobots off.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Glad we could help.

Repairs and the completion of figures by repair can be quite rewarding and gratifying and I know that your help would be very much appreciated within the community.

If you've got parts that you'd be willing to part with then I'd say definitely build a list, I know many people would be curious, my self included as you wouldn't happen to have a pair of Beast Wars Ironhide clubs would you?, they're the last 2 bits I need to complete my Beast Wars Magnaboss and the 2nd and 3rd last pieces for my Beast Wars collection to be complete (In my eyes anyway ).

Building poor old Transmutate is certainly a challenge and I wish you luck.
    I've only been recently able to acquire her courtesy of Verno, a damn nice price too I might add considering what she goes for on eBay.
    it would be great to help out/be helped with parts! i will have to list some parts soon with pics,i don't have any bw ironhide parts,but i have parts of bw prowl & silverbolt from magnaboss(he's a cool figure!)it would be great to complete the beast wars collection!
    transmutate is hard to complete,but when i do ,i won't have an excuse for not buying bw japan ravage!

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    Yes, I too would be very interested in what parts you may have, I like to complete incomplete 'bots myself.

Oh stop it Hursti, you're making me blush
    of the beast wars parts,i may have some for rattrap,terrorsaur,rhinox,tarantulas,waspinator & magnaboss(prowl & silverbolt) if you let me know which parts for those guys!

PM'd

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...