Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23456789101525 ... LastLast

Thread: August Acquisitions

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post

Pretenders hide the crappy robots inside!

that's a bit harsh really, I quite like the mini-bot style pretenders. Skillgrin's lanky generic bot on the other hand...

oh and WALRUS POWER! I'm stoked to get Longtooth, the closest I'm probably ever going to get to a Walrus TF. Its a bitter sweet moment for me.
    they need to do Longtooth like the new Bludgeon mould where the awesome pretender shell is incorporated into the robot.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

I think Skullgrin's inner robot is probably the best of the original. I think it's because his tank vehicle looks like a vehicle without anything needing to be attached to it, and he can flip out guns to replace his hand in robot mode.

Extra bonus: if you have slender childlike wrists, you can wear Skullgrin's belt as a bracelet... as my sister showed me 20 years ago

Pretenders hide the crappy robots inside!

that's a bit harsh really, I quite like the mini-bot style pretenders. Skillgrin's lanky generic bot on the other hand...
    I totally agree. I much prefer the 1989 Pretenders because they do have non-anorexic robot modes and identifiable alt modes. A lot of the 1988 Pretenders transform into "WTF?!" alt modes - and as Paulbot said, some of them are too reliant on accessory kibble (Gunrunner is arguably the worst in this regard). The 1989 Pretenders transform into vehicles or robotic beasts, whereas a lot of the 1988 Pretenders transform into folded up robots. The '88 Pretenders are more like contortionists.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy
    oh and WALRUS POWER! I'm stoked to get Longtooth, the closest I'm probably ever going to get to a Walrus TF. Its a bitter sweet moment for me.
    "He's a grand, ungodly, god-like 'bot, Pretender Longtooth; doesn't speak much; but, when he does speak, then you may well listen. Mark ye, be; Longtooth's above the common; Longtooth's been in colleges, as well as 'mong the Mecannibals; been used to deeper wonders than the waves; fixed his fiery lance in mightier, stranger foes than kluds forewarned."

Cap'n Ahab'd!!

I will have to get a harpoon for old Toothy!

I'd... never thought of that, but what a kewl idea!

Got my Axelerators today. Almost complete, just need Rapido's gun.

Nice. I always like the funky "Purple Haze" style colour schemes

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Man, that is a damn nice haul!

Wasn't a big fan of the Beast Machine Cartoon or the toys though that Supreme Class Cheetor was pretty darn cool albeit hard to keep standing and Mega Class Tankor was pretty damn cool for a stocky, one eyed tank.

I'm bloody envious of your complete Optimal Optimus, I'm only missing his Rifle.
    thanks! i rather beast wars than beast machines overall! i thought i would get the beast machines characters as a follow-on from my beast wars show characters;i like how the show stories are connected!
    i have seen an optimal optimus rifle on ebay(item#250665698871/$15.50+$5.50 postage in australia-pricey or worth it?!)
    jay jays is good to check for transformers clothing;with new clothes out so often,there are always cheap leftover sizes on the bargain tables!

Big thanks to Heroic Decepticon

I will have to get a harpoon for old Toothy!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'd... never thought of that, but what a kewl idea!
    +1!! Its a great idea GH! Hmm I wonder what melee weapon can be used for the other two ( Pincher and Doubleheader) that would match em perfectly... prolly a spartan like Sword for Pincher and a spear or pike for DH? I might just trawl out for weapons at the upcoming Parra Fair then
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]