Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152030 ... LastLast

Thread: August Acquisitions

Botcon Banzai-tron thanks to Paulbot
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

My Missus nabbed me micromaster Nightflight and half of Flywheels (The "Fly" half) from a records store in the inner city over the weekend

Did a good job grabbing the Transformers and leaving the voltron figures there!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Today's acquisitions:
    + BotCon Cindersaur
    + Masterpiece Grimlock
    + Spike

Good to see you finally got yourself a big Grimm, despite some fans various criticism I really love that MP.

As for Cindersaur, my eyes!!!!! it burns!!!!!

I think one main criticism is the relative simplicity of the toy for what is an expensive Masterpiece. When I got this toy I started wondering what it'd be like to read instructions for an MP toy in English -- but then I remembered... Hasbro doesn't believe in using words. (-_-) So just as well it's fairly simple, cos I reckon it'd be a beeotch to transform a Masterpiece without textual instructions... I admire anyone who can transform Masterpieces without being able to read the instructions, cos I do read the instructions and I still find them hard!

Btw, does anyone want the box? If not I'm gonna bin it. Speaking of which... I've been noticing this with the Human Alliance figures, and now MP Grimlock -- but they're so-called "boxes" are really more like rectangular(ish) CARDS. Maybe like a big box-card hybrid... but when opening the toy it nothing like opening a box cos you effectively have to take the packaging apart! I've done it quite carefully and I haven't damaged anything (other than cutting a lot of sticky tape).

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I admire anyone who can transform Masterpieces without being able to read the instructions, cos I do read the instructions and I still find them hard!
    Instructions... pfft... who reads instructions

I use youtube
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I think one main criticism is the relative simplicity of the toy for what is an expensive Masterpiece. When I got this toy I started wondering what it'd be like to read instructions for an MP toy in English -- but then I remembered... Hasbro doesn't believe in using words. (-_-) So just as well it's fairly simple, cos I reckon it'd be a beeotch to transform a Masterpiece without textual instructions... I admire anyone who can transform Masterpieces without being able to read the instructions, cos I do read the instructions and I still find them hard!

Btw, does anyone want the box? If not I'm gonna bin it. Speaking of which... I've been noticing this with the Human Alliance figures, and now MP Grimlock -- but they're so-called "boxes" are really more like rectangular(ish) CARDS. Maybe like a big box-card hybrid... but when opening the toy it nothing like opening a box cos you effectively have to take the packaging apart! I've done it quite carefully and I haven't damaged anything (other than cutting a lot of sticky tape).
    I'll may take the box as display for King Grimlock

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Instructions... pfft... who reads instructions

I use youtube
    yeah mate thats how you get stress marks and break the toys!

[QUOTE=GoktimusPrime;185450]Today's acquisitions:
    + BotCon Cindersaur
    + Masterpiece Grimlock
    + Spike

How much was Spike?

Nevermind on the box for Grimlock. For a moment I thought the toy was displayed in robot mode.