Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers with GPS, BP, and any fragile parts

Dinobot mutant mask break from Brittle Plastic
    Blue Cyrotek legs broke...too brittle
    ROTF Decepticon Bludegon definitely has stress marks

The bronze plastic that they've used for SWTF Millenium Falcon/Chewbacca's upper arms and legs is brittle and prone to cracking and breakage.

I've seen it on 2 examples of this toy now, particularly the upper arms.
    SofaMan - Occasionally Battling Evil with his Mighty Powers of Indolence

Hasbro's Animated Blitzwing -- brittle canopy tabs. Stress marks appear whenever transforming the toy to and from jet mode.

Has anyone else had any problems with Universe/Classic Rodimus? I was looking at mine the other day and the shoulders where the pins are have caused stress marks to form, even though I have maybe transformed him 3 times in his existence. I'll take some photos later on tonight to show what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Has anyone else had any problems with Universe/Classic Rodimus? I was looking at mine the other day and the shoulders where the pins are have caused stress marks to form, even though I have maybe transformed him 3 times in his existence. I'll take some photos later on tonight to show what I mean.
    I just checked mine dude, no stress marks at all but to clarify, when you say "pins near shoulders" are you referring to the pins that hold the whole chest, head and arm assembly on?

I'll tell you what I did notice though, my Rodimus' ball joints that connect the legs to the figure have gotten fairly bloody loose and not because of overuse either.

Has anyone else found this with theirs? how are the new reissues/repaints on this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I just checked mine dude, no stress marks at all but to clarify, when you say "pins near shoulders" are you referring to the pins that hold the whole chest, head and arm assembly on?
    I think the pins holding the whole chest. I have to go home and clarify it. I just remembered off the top of my head. And if I didn't post it, I would most likely forget about it when I get home

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I'll tell you what I did notice though, my Rodimus' ball joints that connect the legs to the figure have gotten fairly bloody loose and not because of overuse either.
    I have Classics Rodimus and have noticed this as well. He has only been transformed once.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    I have to check mine, I don't remember any stress marks though and I have transformed it like 50 times.

The shoulder on my Rodimus completely snapped eventually - I mean I played with it a reasonable amount. Maybe 25 - 30 transformations down the years?

I still don't think that'd be enough to destroy it.

I'd get another one but the upcoming FP armour has driven the price up above what I'm willing to pay.

Oh also re brittle plastic, the first live action movie deluxe class Brawl, specifically the automorph gears that get his treads to filp up onto his shoulders were very prone to cracking (this was remedied for the RotF Desert redeco as they used a different kind of plastic).