Thread: Transformers with GPS, BP, and any fragile parts

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

Mirage (1984) - mid-section is prone to breaking.
    Oh I know that *sigh*

I always took pride in never breaking the mid section of my Mirage. As a child I was one of only 2 people I knew of who never broke their Mirage. Then in 1988 I lent Mirage to my next door neighbour... who broke it at the mid-section.

To be more specific the main problem with the MP Starscream mold is the double hinge that the wings use to flip during transformation. If you do it all as one motion there's a large change of causing stressing/breakage in the plastic around the pin.

The best way to avoid is to very carefully do each hinge individually (two careful 90 degree movements as opposed to a single 180 movement).

Dinobot mutant mask break from Brittle Plastic
    Blue Cyrotek legs broke...too brittle
    ROTF Decepticon Bludegon definitely has stress marks

The bronze plastic that they've used for SWTF Millenium Falcon/Chewbacca's upper arms and legs is brittle and prone to cracking and breakage.

I've seen it on 2 examples of this toy now, particularly the upper arms.
    SofaMan - Occasionally Battling Evil with his Mighty Powers of Indolence

Hasbro's Animated Blitzwing -- brittle canopy tabs. Stress marks appear whenever transforming the toy to and from jet mode.

Has anyone else had any problems with Universe/Classic Rodimus? I was looking at mine the other day and the shoulders where the pins are have caused stress marks to form, even though I have maybe transformed him 3 times in his existence. I'll take some photos later on tonight to show what I mean.

Default fragile figures...

these are a few fragile figures with issues;

-G1 kickback-yellow insect/robot ears-Bp/fragile parts

-G1 megatron-shoulder joint sometimes has brittle plastic where the shoulder socket screws into the arm(silver)

G1 jetfire-red arm weapons have Bp clips,beware some try to sell these parts with broken clips as "mint"(ebay o/s)
    -jetfire has BP around plastic/metal shoulder joints(where the jet folds in half to make back and chest)due to incorrect movement
    -jetfire is prone to stress marks on the black antennae on the robot's head due to incorrect movement.

G1 soundwave and blaster prone to broken cassette eject button/latch/door(not the case w/mine!)

hope this helps!

ROTF Scalpel aka tha doc. Ball joint casing for legs (pick any of the many you like) is easy to crack didn't even get mine out of the packaging before "Smashie Smashie"

@ tjparkside - You sure these are common issues and not just problems arising from these toys being 25 years old and being handled extensively?

I know some people have troubles with Soundwaves chest compartment but I'm sure this is just from overuse. I've never noticed these issues with my Megatron or Kickback...
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]