Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The King is Here (yea, u know who) MP Grimlock in Australian Stores

For the first time I saw MP Grimlock the other day at Toys R Us and is it me or is the toy MUCH SMALLER than you'd expect? I'd thought it'd be like a foot tall but instead it's like the size of 1 ultra figure (is it even?). Is the money worth it for good ol' grimlock?

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    For the first time I saw MP Grimlock the other day at Toys R Us and is it me or is the toy MUCH SMALLER than you'd expect? I'd thought it'd be like a foot tall but instead it's like the size of 1 ultra figure (is it even?). Is the money worth it for good ol' grimlock?
    It's been a long time since I last had a play with an Ultra. I have a feeling that robot mode is taller than an ultra. I am pretty sure he is at least equal to leader size, maybe not quite up there with supreme.

I reckon that its worth it, but then I forked out big dollars on the Tak tom one and then the comic version one coz I like it so much, so I am biased

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    It is a little smaller than expected. About the same size as MP Starscream (same size, not same scale). MP Optimus towers over him when it should be the other way around.

Is the money worth it? Really depends. I personally don't think it's worth $150 cause of the size and amount of materials you get. Only the crotch and dinosaur toes are die cast, while everything else is just plastic. Hasbro/Takara should have priced him at $80 to $100. Manufacturing cost may have increased over the years, so this could be the reason for the high price.

Is the figure worth it? I'm a Grimlock fan (a part of me has always secretly wanted him to stab OP in the back and take control of the autobots) so I say yes, yes it is, even if he's a little small. He really looks just like the cartoon model, and the transformation is pretty cool too. Not complicated, just cool. And he comes with the awesome crown accessory.

If your not really into Grimlock, and scale is an issue, then you'll probably be dissapointed if you buy him. Save your money and spend it on some Transformers you really want. If you want the figure, but don't want the high cost, perhaps wait a while for the cost to come down. I doubt Toys r Us would discount him, but you never know. My route would be to check Ebay, you can sometimes get pretty good deals on there. I should have done the Ebay route, cause while I don't regret getting the figure, I regret paying $150 for him.

Quote Originally Posted by De-Ceddy-Con
    Is the figure worth it? I'm a Grimlock fan (a part of me has always secretly wanted him to stab OP in the back and take control of the autobots)
    Grimlock didn't need to do a Gillard to Optimus Prime. Remember that after Prime died Grimlock was elected by the other Autobots as the new leader (which is when he became King Grimlock), then later as Powermaster Optimus Prime was dying, he explicitly named Grimlock as his new successor.

The issue of MP Grimlock's scale and size has been extensively discussed here - so I'll continue commenting there rather than derailing this thread.
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 9th September 2010 at 10:25 PM.