View Poll Results: Gen Megatron - Worth buying?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 65.00%
  • Only if cheap

9 22.50%
  • No

1 2.50%
  • Not interested

4 10.00%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Toy Review - Generations Cybertronian Megatron

I'm actually pleasantly surprised by this one. The scultped detailing is mechsquisite - I especially love the more intricately designed Decepticon insignia that shows up on his back, very robot-Yakuza.

Optimus Prime has the same back-tatt too. They also have it in the game.

I really like this figure, even the tank mode I really like. It would have been even better if the treads locked in, or had a waist swivel, but otherwise great. The moulded detail is excellent too.

Also, Megatron is the one character where I actually like him having a spring loaded missile - mostly because his fusion cannon is big enough to accommodate one without looking foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeve View Post
    The only problem I have is a manufacturing issue. The left shoulder of mine doesn't slot in all the way when converting to alt mode. Apart from that, love him.
    I had the same issue, but I have a fix for this. Lemme find where I posted it...

Ahh, here we go:

...I thought it might be a bit of platic from the tree that hadn't been cut of properly, or a clearance issue, but I couldn't find anything. I tried forcing it but it wouldn't budge and I felt that I might be stressing some plastic somewhere. I thought, "Maybe they misassembled something?", so I took the arm apart, turned it around and tada! Perfect.

So if anyone else has this issue, just unscrew the two screws in the middle of the back of his shoulder. Loosen the top shoulder screw (don't need to fully remove it). Then take off his arm, rotate the black shoulder joint bit 180 degrees, and put the arm back on.

The more i look at him the more i think i should get him for my animated shelf has he looks more accurate (better) then the actual cybertron mode Megatron from animated. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Oilspill View Post
    So if anyone else has this issue, just unscrew the two screws in the middle of the back of his shoulder. Loosen the top shoulder screw (don't need to fully remove it). Then take off his arm, rotate the black shoulder joint bit 180 degrees, and put the arm back on.
    Beautiful! Just did it then, and took all of two mintues, and his shoulder slides in perfectly now.. Cheers for the tip, Oilspill.