View Poll Results: Gen Red Alert - Worth Buying?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 65.38%
  • Only if cheap

6 23.08%
  • No

2 7.69%
  • Not interested

1 3.85%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Generations Red Alert

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    I happen to agree with you, but can you give us any insight as to _why_ you believe this is the case?

For me:

- the red head
    - the "fire chief" details are more G1 accurate
    I happen to agree with you!

- the red head....looks better and more cartoony. Red head also differentiates from his mould brothers a lot more.
    - the "fire chief" details are more G1 accurate...and the Hasbro version writing looks unprofessional. It reminds me of nothing you'd see on a vehicle in real life.

Overall the Hasbro one feels a little bland. I'm sure I'd like it more if the Henkei one didn't reek of casual superiority.

Decepticon Guest

very annoying i must say! body doesnt clip in well in robot mode. and that stupid engine/handgun combination is pathetic! He looks a bit tall/lanky also

I must say its great too finally own this mold...
    but I must say I'm kinda surprised how tall and
    bulky the robot mode is...and the "flared trouser"
    leg kibble doesn't look too bad in person...

If they never use this mould again, it will still be too soon.

Saw Red Alert yesterday at my local Target. Meh! He remains at my local target
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Was lookinh forward to getting Red Alert but i must say i'm a little dissapointed.

The Roof came off as soon as i took it out of it's package and had trouble transforming him due to tight joints.

Mind you he looks good standing next to Inferno

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    The Roof came off as soon as i took it out of it's package and had trouble transforming him due to tight joints.
    Same thing happened to me!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Heh, was already planning on that. I'm gonna make a big repro label order soon, they have alot of classics stickers that will look nice on my figures (Cyclonus, Hot Rod...)

I noticed this pretty much as soon as I started playing with the toy, but I keep forgetting to mention it on the board -- this mould is a retooled hybrid between the Sideswipe and Sunstreaker moulds. On one hand it has Sideswipe's body because of the head and hand positions, but it also has Sunstreaker's shoulder joints - as in, the hole where you would place the gun on Sideswipe to make it a shoulder-mounted weapon.

I discovered this when I tried to place Red Alert's gun onto his shoulder, but of course, it wouldn't fit. At first I thought maybe it was mould degradation, but then I realised that I'd never tried putting Sunstreaker's gun on his shoulder either (since G1 Sunstreaker doesn't have a mounted gun like that) - so I tried putting my Henkei Sunstreaker's gun onto his shoulder and lo and behold it wouldn't fit! I then tried putting Red Alert's gun onto Sideswipe's shoulder, and it fitted. Then I tried putting Sideswipe's gun onto Red Alert's shoulder and it wouldn't fit and so on.

So it seems that Red Alert is a retooled (cos of the strobe lights) of a hybrid cross between Sideswipe and Sunstreaker! How odd though... it makes no sense to me. Wouldn't it be easier to do a straight repaint of Sideswipe? (t'would make more sense too considering that it would make the toy a better G1 homage if the gun could be shoulder mounted).

What about Henkei Alert... can his gun be shoulder mounted?