View Poll Results: Gen Red Alert - Worth Buying?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

17 65.38%
  • Only if cheap

6 23.08%
  • No

2 7.69%
  • Not interested

1 3.85%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Toy Review - Generations Red Alert

I found Henkei Alert sold out pretty quickly in online stores like HLJ, so I personally skipped it because I already had Henkei Lambor and Sunstreaker... wasn't prepared to go to extra effort or expense for a repaint. Generations Red Alert on the other hand is really easy to find (he's still peg warms in some stores), so it was a great opportunity for me.

I like Generation Red Alert's black head as it's more G1 accurate (as the toy and comic had black heads), although as a group display Henkei Alert's red head does off set pretty nicely against Sideswipe and Sunstreaker. As you said, while Henkei Alert is much nicer than Generations Red Alert, Gen. RA is okay too.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I found Henkei Alert sold out pretty quickly in online stores like HLJ, so I personally skipped it because I already had Henkei Lambor and Sunstreaker... wasn't prepared to go to extra effort or expense for a repaint. Generations Red Alert on the other hand is really easy to find (he's still peg warms in some stores), so it was a great opportunity for me.

I like Generation Red Alert's black head as it's more G1 accurate (as the toy and comic had black heads), although as a group display Henkei Alert's red head does off set pretty nicely against Sideswipe and Sunstreaker. As you said, while Henkei Alert is much nicer than Generations Red Alert, Gen. RA is okay too.
    Yeah I pretty much agree 100%, good toy and he's easy to find not much more you can ask for!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The roof fell off on mine initially but it was easy enough to put back on. <shrug> But yeah, I certainly never had that problem with Henkei Lambor or Sunstreaker.

quoi?

<thumbs.up>
    On Red Alert, when you twist the roof to raise his head, well the roof fell off. What's worse was the bolt holding the twisty thing fell off. Pretty much after that the head could not move up and down.

I attempted to unscrew everything and fix the head, however, it was ok, but the roof was not aligned to Red Alert as a robot.

Kmart happily exchanged it for me and I am ultra careful. The new one I got was ok!

This is a great toy. Maybe I like it as it seems similar to the old G1s and it was pretty easy to transform too!

I bought this a while ago and only opened it up this last week, I found the conversion really novel, especially with the twist system for raising the head.

I have had a lot of trouble getting the engine to clip onto the gun, I can see how it's supposed to work, and can get it to sit there but as soon as I pick it up it tends to fall off.

the gun on this one does fit into the shoulder hole, it's a bit tight but it fits, if you look at the post you can tell it has a slight necking near the bottom of the post. so it should fit, just need to be careful and not push it too far or you could damage the shoulder.

overall I really like it, everything clips into place well, I like the head reveal, the gun is OK, and it's my first and only version of this mold.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I have had a lot of trouble getting the engine to clip onto the gun, I can see how it's supposed to work, and can get it to sit there but as soon as I pick it up it tends to fall off.
    It was never really designed to fit around the gun, but somebody figured that it could, and some people started doing so, and then Hasbro needing a place to fit the engine (considering the lightbar now blocked it) decided to pace it around the gun. So it knda works, but not really.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    It was never really designed to fit around the gun, but somebody figured that it could, and some people started doing so, and then Hasbro needing a place to fit the engine (considering the lightbar now blocked it) decided to pace it around the gun. So it knda works, but not really.
    that has got to be one of the most convoluted design process... evar.

this is a great figure...good updated version while still plenty of g1 refs...