Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ID of Ebay Accessories: BW & G1

Geez, no pressure lads

Well I'll try my best.

But once I do recieve them, we'll have to come up with some kind of fair method to decide who gets what pieces.

I'm in favour of testing a new method I've had in my head for a while. An 'On Board' Auction. Have a start and end time. People reply with their bids up to the end point, no bids to be received after that time. Highest bidder wins. I can't think of a fairer way than that.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

I hadn't realised you were going to try to win it

And I think that can be a fair way of doing it, just have to see that it doesn't go awry.

Or just do it first in best dressed with whatever price you have on each item.

Ah, but you see, thats the thing - I don't know what they're worth.

No one really knows what TF parts are worth. We pander to Yanks and Poms who sell us parts for whatever price they desire. This way, someone pays what they're prepared to pay, not a cent more.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...

Good point.

But you could always slap a price on it and have open offers. Though your way seems much easier to manage

It was just an idea. Plus it avoids eBay fees

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    I'm in favour of testing a new method I've had in my head for a while. An 'On Board' Auction. Have a start and end time. People reply with their bids up to the end point, no bids to be received after that time. Highest bidder wins. I can't think of a fairer way than that.
    I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be allowed to do this, but hey... I'm not a mod

1AZRAEL1's idea about putting a price on them and being open to public offers would be the best way IMO.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I certainly wouldn't do it without their permission But I can't see why they wouldn't be for the idea. It would get people on and about the boards regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    I certainly wouldn't do it without their permission But I can't see why they wouldn't be for the idea. It would get people on and about the boards regularly.
    The idea would have to be cleared by Griffin but as 1Azrael1 said, it has to be done very carefully as it has the potential to go awry if any of the bidders is unhappy with the result.

I don't see a problem with publicly posted bids and a set time limit (relating to the clock on the forum - Brisbane time)... if it is an easier system than posting up set prices for dozens of items and then having people haggling over individual items (and keep track of it all).
    An auction system would just need the one viewing of the posts after the time has ended, and colate the highest bids. (questions about the condition of items could be PMed, or posted)

A simpler system would it more likely Verno would be willing to split up the lot for people... otherwise he could just take the easier option of selling what's left as a bulk lot and let the buyer deal with it all.

It could be a trial of this procedure as an option for future sale listings without resorting to ebay... for those who aren't on ebay or don't have paypal.

Sounds like a great idea to trial anyway. See if it works.
    As long as people know before hand what state the items are in.

If this does happen, it'd be cool if the auction is over more than a 24hr period. I may be in and out of internet access for the next few weeks which might make it difficult to bid.

But don't stress Verno, you may not even win the auction. Don't put yourself in any chance of making a financial loss on our account . Probably best to just treat this as an easier way of getting rid of those unwanted items (compared to eBay).