Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7172223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: September Acquisitions

I finally managed to find a Terradive (Target Hurstville) and also nabbed Tomahawk on my search (Target Bankstown).

Breacher, from the other night, seriously rocks, BTW.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Got Cyb Megs and Darkmount from Big W, awesome figures.
    I finally found these two strangers last week, things are to slow down here.

Gah! I'm flailing like a Sloth in a washing machine trying to find a Terradive. I tried 3 separate Targets yesterday and today and did the same last weekend with no joy. Tried the same amount of Toyworlds over the last few weeks and nothing newer than Wave 1 Generations...Bleh.

On the plus side I've had these fellas drop in from ebay. Had fun today restoring them as best I can before new reprolabels arrive. Below is how they look after the plastic was bathed in Polident Denture Cleanser (this stuff is seriously frickin' awesome), the screws were bathed in Diet Coke to remove rust and the stickers were removed using Ventti Premium Lighter Fluid. If you're wondering where Cyclonus' gun is, it's sitting in a jar of H202 in the back yard. Gonna send the chrome parts on Galvatron off to NSW to be re-chromed if it's not too expensive (waiting on a quote for his 3 chrome parts) but otherwise I'll be spraying them with Spaz Stix Mirror Chrome. Will put up higher quality pics of the finished products in due course.

G1 Galvatron

G1 Cyclonus & Darkwing

G1 Sunstreaker (who didn't undergo any restoration process)

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Thanks to a heads up from Zed, I got a WFC Megatron and Straxus:
    where from may I ask?

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    I finally managed to find a Terradive (Target Hurstville) and also nabbed Tomahawk on my search (Target Bankstown).

Breacher, from the other night, seriously rocks, BTW.
    any Straxus? Help me buy if you find one please!

On Thursday I found the reissue Transformers The Movie soundtrack at JB Hi-Fi. I've been looking for this album since Autocon mentioned he got it a while back... and I was expecting it to be just the same as the original TFTM CD (or cassette or LP ) - but I was pleasantly surprised to discover that it's not.

Aside from an entirely different cover, it also features additional tracks that were never in the original album, such as score music from Vince DiCola and the Stan Bush version of the movie theme song. While these tracks are nothing new themselves, it was great to have them on the same CD as the vocal songs from TFTM. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    where from may I ask?
    From Big W Chullora. It seems that today (Saturdat 25th) several Sydney Big Ws stocked on Generations wave 2.

Now that we have Starxus, they should release a Generations Scrounge

Generations Megatron and maybe Darkmount today? Im still not sold on darkmounts alt mode.
    -----------------------------------------------
    Collecting transformers- a good way to get poor
    Transformer count= too many

Currently in search of:
    G1 goodness

I must say it's a lot better than his original G1 alt mode, which is just too bizarre to sell to joe public. I don't mind the tank mode. I'm not a fan of the battle platform mode though... looks rather half-bummed.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I must say it's a lot better than his original G1 alt mode, which is just too bizarre to sell to joe public.
    "Completing his transformation to his flying cannon mode, Straxus searches for his enemies..."

The 'Battle platform' mode is supposed to be his flying canon mode but boy! It is certainly something they just made up, it's not part of the design at all, it's something someone clearly made up. At least they are not advertising it as a triple changer as that would be deceitful otherwise you could leave any TF in mid transformation and call it a 3rd mode.