Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am legend, question

benben2142 Guest

Default I am legend, question

Hey guys, how did people get infected, also how did his family die and also when his family went on the helicopter who launch those missiles, did they have a virus in the missiles? Although the movie was sad.

SPOILERS
    select text to read

People got infected through the supposed cure for cancer - it mutated into a deadly virus which was spread through the air.

His family died when their helicopter collided with another evacuating helicopter that was out of control due people panicing from the explosions.

The explosions were the bridges out of Manhattan Island being destroyed in an attempt to contain the virus.

benben2142 Guest

Tell me, please.

ben, drag your mouse over all the text in tobers post, and you will be able to read the stuff he wrote in white

George
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"

benben2142 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    SPOILERS
    select text to read

People got infected through the supposed cure for cancer - it mutated into a deadly virus which was spread through the air.

His family died when their helicopter collided with another evacuating helicopter that was out of control due people panicing from the explosions.

The explosions were the bridges out of Manhattan Island being destroyed in an attempt to contain the virus.
    How did the doctor survive? And why did they shoot the bridge? Also how come it's the whole world?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_Legend_%28film%29

SPOILERS BELOW:

they shot the bridge to stop people leaving manhattan which is an island in new york - the virus started there, so they did it to try and keep all the infected people on the island... obviously it didnt work (people can use boats/swim etc)

the whole world is infected as the virus could travel in the air, and over time i assume all the air on the earth had the infection, so you got infected while breathing..

George
    www.mariokart64.com
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"

Thanks Borgeman

Quote Originally Posted by benben2142 View Post
    How did the doctor survive? And why did they shoot the bridge? Also how come it's the whole world?
    Select the text below.

Doc survived because he was working on a cure. He continually injects himself with something that seems to be a temporary cure he has developed. Also there is a very small percentage of the population that are immune - he may have been one of them.

They destroyed the bridge so that people wouldnt be able to leave the island and spread the virus. This obviously failed as the whole world got infected. The virus may have spread to birds and insects and been transmitted overseas through water supplies - I don't think it was ever explained fully.

Yeah, what Borgeman said. :P

Terrible remake of a movie in my opinion. Absolute trainwreck. Though it did get me to jump once or twice.

Are you referring to first movie adaption, The Omega Man or the book?

I liked the beginning where he is hunting in the Mustang GT. It goes steadily downhill from there. There were a couple of other good scenes tho - like when he sees Fred.