Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Most disappointing TF purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    truly though, you know that's going to be crap before you buy it, would it still be more dissapointing after you had opened it up.
    I like Ejector actually. I've got him in alt mode on his shelf and when I show friends my collection they are like "Cool, wow, nice... hang on a toaster?!?!?!?!"
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Decepticon View Post
    ROTF scout Ejector! Oooohhhh!!! a toaster!!! IM SOOOOO scaaaaared!
    Is he supposed to be scary? I don't think that was the intent.

I like the lil dude. Fun to show to friends and if feeling fidgety can be transformed quite easily.

I like Ejector too, though he's just a toaster with a real funky face I think he's awesome in his own way.

Quote Originally Posted by Decepticon View Post
    ROTF scout Ejector! Oooohhhh!!! a toaster!!! IM SOOOOO scaaaaared!
    Yeh, I got him for the excat rason the HE is a toaster! Just like my real toaster to be a decepticon as well. First batch of toast is fine, next slice, BURNT TO A CRISP! EEEEEJJJJECCCCTOOOORRRR!

I would have to go with ROTF Fallen. What the hell is that vehicle mode supposed to be? It just looks like he has put his back out and it has bits just hanging around (they don't impress the ladies either).

My most disappointing TF purchase would have to be Universe Silverbolt - especially when I paid full RRP ($60) back when it was released (or close to it).

For those unfamiliar with the mold, it's basically a robot tucked underneath a shell of an airplane fitted with annoying electronic sounds and lights.

No complex transformation whatsoever either, simply fold front half of jet shell upwards, extend legs, push legs up into torso to reveal head and you're done.

I've had Legends class toys more satisfying than this guy.

I only got Ejector because he appeared in the movie but I still think he's cool.

Scalpel was a real dissapointment. Out of the package and broken already. Flimsiest legs ever. No play value at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    Classics 2.0 Smokescreen.

Terrible, terrible grade of plastic. I'm quite sure there are KOs made of better plastic. Got this MISB but the joints are all loose.

Yeah i agree, i think this mould is crap. the universe prowl i got the ball joint to the door broke and this mould is realyl flimsy and weak. not a fan of it. but i will be trying to track down these guys just to complete my henkei.

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    My most disappointing TF purchase would have to be Universe Silverbolt - especially when I paid full RRP ($60) back when it was released (or close to it).

For those unfamiliar with the mold, it's basically a robot tucked underneath a shell of an airplane fitted with annoying electronic sounds and lights.

No complex transformation whatsoever either, simply fold front half of jet shell upwards, extend legs, push legs up into torso to reveal head and you're done.

I've had Legends class toys more satisfying than this guy.
    Oddly enough, its one of my fave molds. I guess its cos he actually looks like how I would imagine Silverbolt. And the fact he is easier to transform, means playing with him is awesome... unlike say Galvatron, who I still need the instructions to work him out...

I like Silverbolt too. Yeah sure, he's a backpackformer, but essentially so was G1 Silverbolt which is what this toy is trying to imitate. For a backpackformer I think it works pretty well. Guess he's not everyone's Cube of Energon.

I also quite like Ejector, mostly because he has such an unusual alt mode. He's only one of two Transformers ever who transform into toasters, and the ONLY Transformer toaster who has a toy (the G1 TF toaster is a very obscure character from the Marvel comics). I like Transformers with unique alt modes - that's why I'm really happy with my Universe Overcharge purchase. He's the only TF who's a taxi! We have sports cars and jet fighters coming out of every imaginable orifice... something new is refreshing to see from time to time. Now they need to give us a busformer, damnit!

I like Silverbolt... looks very G1 and huge, thought the transformation sucks. Same with MP Rodimus... flimsy parts and transformation.