Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Most disappointing TF purchase?

Ultra Powerglide. I don't know. I thought its transformation is something cleverly made and then after, I realized where could I fit it on my classics display...

For non-TF, the roadbuster upgrade kit. it was all good until I broke it. Bad quality plastic.
    Latest Acquisitions: Metroplex
    Incoming: ROTF Buster Optimus Prime; FP Defender, Insecticons
    Needs List: Alternity Cliffjumper; TF Prime Bulkhead, Skyquake, Vehicons; Classics Sky Shadow, Junkheap

I like ultra silverbolt, but maybe I'm bias because I paid $10 for him

I like Powerglide -- I know he cops a lot of flak from people and some folks don't like his orange boobs. They don't bug me so much. I got the Japanese version though... didn't like the Universe version. Although I probably would've bought Universe Powerglide if Hasbro had called it "Hot House" (and made his head match the rest of the body instead of being red )

I know some people have repurposed Hasbro's Powerglide as Hot House... but at an Ultra price point, I couldn't justify the expense.

Quote Originally Posted by ITZTRU View Post
    Oh, good -- I thought it was just me! I don't own the the toy, but I still failed to understand what the big deal with this guy was?
    Go get him and bathe in all his Glorious-ness and you shall understand.

Quote Originally Posted by k.wong23 View Post
    I like ultra silverbolt, but maybe I'm bias because I paid $10 for him
    He's definitely worth $10, just not $60.

Had another play with transscan Bumblebee last night. In play value it's a nice concept, a bit chunky in camaro robot mode and lacking something in protoform mode.
    A dissapointment as both his legs came off. the cockets have a crack in them and now they won't stay in. Also the entry mode doesn't look as good as it could with a few extra pieces and its just the core robot head.
    Guess my expectations were just to high

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I still say Transformers Animorphs are the worst TFs of all time. Can get much crappier than that

I like Animated Ultra Magnus too -- though I can see how the shoulder configuration may bug some people.

Which versions of movie Megatron and Brawl are you talking about?
    Leader class @ nearly $90 each

Leader Classes are seldomly worth their RRP. They'd be better if Hasbro didn't keep insisting on whacking sound gimmicks into them.

Leader Classes are seldomly worth their RRP. They'd be better if Hasbro didn't keep insisting on whacking sound gimmicks into them.
    Yet most of us buy them anyway...!

Depends on what the options are.

With Brawl I totally skipped the Leader Class because I was perfectly happy with the Deluxe Class which I considered a better toy. With Movie 1 Megatron I got the Leader Class because I didn't like how the ice kibble on the Voyager wasn't removable. If it were, I would have happily skipped the Leader and gotten the Voyager (even if the spring loaded toes bug me). Leader Movie Optimus Prime is actually a very good toy IMO - arguably the best Optimus Prime toy made since G2's Laser Prime. I got ROTF Leader Prime because it's an even nicer toy! I got ROTF Leader Megatron because I didn't know there was going to be a Voyager Megatron coming out later. I'm trying not to make that mistake again so I'm trying to find out what toy classes HasTak's planning on making of each DOTM TF. I even made a thread about it, but nobody's posted.

I got Leader Jetfire cos... well, there isn't much choice other than getting a FAB or Legends, which I don't consider "compatible" with my other Deluxes, Voyagers, Leaders...

I got movie Prime, ROTF Prime and ROTF Megatron on sale thankfully... but paid full RRP ($99.99!) for movie Megatron and Jetfire! They were both hard for me to find, so I just grabbed them when I could (then later Megatron shelfwarmed... and was put on sale... gah)

Depends on what the options are.

With Brawl I totally skipped the Leader Class because I was perfectly happy with the Deluxe Class which I considered a better toy. With Movie 1 Megatron I got the Leader Class because I didn't like how the ice kibble on the Voyager wasn't removable. If it were, I would have happily skipped the Leader and gotten the Voyager (even if the spring loaded toes bug me). Leader Movie Optimus Prime is actually a very good toy IMO - arguably the best Optimus Prime toy made since G2's Laser Prime. I got ROTF Leader Prime because it's an even nicer toy! I got ROTF Leader Megatron because I didn't know there was going to be a Voyager Megatron coming out later. I'm trying not to make that mistake again so I'm trying to find out what toy classes HasTak's planning on making of each DOTM TF. I even made a thread about it, but nobody's posted.

I got Leader Jetfire cos... well, there isn't much choice other than getting a FAB or Legends, which I don't consider "compatible" with my other Deluxes, Voyagers, Leaders...

I got movie Prime, ROTF Prime and ROTF Megatron on sale thankfully... but paid full RRP ($99.99!) for movie Megatron and Jetfire! They were both hard for me to find, so I just grabbed them when I could (then later Megatron shelfwarmed... and was put on sale... gah)
    I think the only leader class I've paid full price for was probably movie 07 prime. Everything else, I waited for sales on, and at the reduced prices, they have been well worth it, I quite like brawl, the leader class size does the Tank justice. I got ROTF megs for about $45 and in the black deco, while I like it, I wouldn't have wanted to pay full price for it.
    I think the voyager megs from the movies were personally a bit dissapointing. from a class that you expect a fair amount of complexity they were both pretty basic. but then that could be said for all movie megs'. I think maybe Movie Megs was a dissapointment however you look at it.