Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Most disappointing TF purchase?

Well...I picked up Double Clutch with Rallybots & Mudslinger with Destructicons
    and I cannot believe how awful these guys are...

The paint apps are sloppy, the drones don't connect properly and
    Double Clutch & Mudslinger aren't even decent stand alone scout figures...

I am so pissed off right now...

Its good thing I've saved Terradive & Tomahawk for
    tomorrow...I'm sure I won't be disappointed with those guys...

Without doubt, Henkei Prowl. For such an iconic character being Optimus Prime's right hand man 'n' all, what an utterly pathetic toy.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Without doubt, Henkei Prowl. For such an iconic character being Optimus Prime's right hand man 'n' all, what an utterly pathetic toy.
    Did you pay full price for it? Because I did, a whoppin' $50 from my local Jap import store. Was not worth it. Should just have waited around till someone had one on sale on the boards. Ah well, too late now. At least he has spiffy packaging design.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    Did you pay full price for it? Because I did, a whoppin' $50 from my local Jap import store. Was not worth it. Should just have waited around till someone had one on sale on the boards. Ah well, too late now. At least he has spiffy packaging design.
    What was wrong with Universe/Henkei Prowl (besides the 'sticky paint')?

He's one of my faves.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

from shintokyo? that place is terrible. i think i bought prowl, smokscreen, bluestreak, galvatron and sunstreaker for $22 each last year when they were marked down for clearance.

i do like the prowl mold though, but it is definately not worth $50 and well... you shouldn't shop there without a membership card.

I bought mine, along with Henkei Sunstreaker, for a fairly decent price from RK.

In answer to Tober's question, I was simply disappointed with the overall look of both modes. In other words, I think he's bloody ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    from shintokyo? that place is terrible. i think i bought prowl, smokscreen, bluestreak, galvatron and sunstreaker for $22 each last year when they were marked down for clearance.

i do like the prowl mold though, but it is definately not worth $50 and well... you shouldn't shop there without a membership card.
    That WAS the membership price >_<, and I started collecting end of last year when the universe line had sold most of those toys

That WAS the membership price >_<, and I started collecting end of last year when the universe line had sold most of those toys
    serious? those asshole raised the prices again. I started collecting in july last year. I remember I had trouble finding mirage and found him in shintokyo on a saturday for $35 (members price - $40 non members) and didnt buy him and came back on the monday because i had to have him and the price was $5 higher! i complained to them about it but they denied raising prices. i told them to go fuck themselves and left. so anyway, beginning of this year i came back to their store to buy it because it was too expensive on ebay and it was still the same $45 ($40 members price) they sold it to me $35.90 which was $0.90 more than what i had originally seen it for.

they piss me off so much.

these guys, forgot most of their names, but yeah - crappy bots modes with uneven mega limbs or gimmicks that just ruins the toy, or in the case of that plane - a totally dorky looking robot you just wanna bludgeon. I know I love minicons , the guy in the front is one reason why minicons should stay small - figures wise - crappy spindly thing. Alt mode wise they're ok, but bot mode, utterly try hards!

Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Nothing stands out as the most, but I've found a lot of the stuff I've got this year disappointing.

This would includes Battle Blade Bumblebee, Human Alliance Bumblebee, Deluxe Ironhide, WFC Megatron, Darkmount, Huffer, Smolder, Searchlight, and Legends Rampage.