View Poll Results: Terradive - worth buying?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 81.82%
  • Only if cheap

2 9.09%
  • No

1 4.55%
  • Not interested

1 4.55%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Toy Review - HFTD Terradive

I've been using a quality brand of clear nail polish...
    Cutex: Quick dry Top coat...

I've heard around the traps that super glue is
    not recommended because of certain chemicals
    it contains can have a burning effect on plastic...
    But don't quote me on that...

I've figured out something of a fix for anyone that has loose or not properly fitting shoulders (as mine does). What you do is take the black tail piece sitting behind the shoulder on the same side and rotate it away from the body on the joint - there will be minimal visible difference but the pin joint will now be pushing the shoulder peg thing into the slot via pressure.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Grievous View Post
    I'm actually an Eels supporter...
    So...who is blue and yellow in my collection?

*Checks*

Oh...no one...
    Get Manta Ray or Leadfoot

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Thanks for the ideas guys...but...its not like I'm
    desperate for the colour combo of yellow & blue...

What about Seaspray? Anyhoo Terradive looks awesome! But...once you pick him up. his legs fall off. *Sigh*

Vehicle: It's decent, but I dont think it has much "wow" factor in it, the nose is wider than I like, and same with the back (where his legs are), but I am impressed with how little kibble he has on the underside. The wings, as well as sweeping forward also sweeps down a bit, which I think is a bit weird. I love the colour scheme, and the little wings on either side of his nose are really awesome. His trident stores pretty nicely underneath.

Vehicle (front, back, side and comparison):

His back does look a bit cluttered.

Although he is a deluxe, he feels bit small, probably coz of his thinness.

Transformation: I dont like the transformation, it feels so fragile, since there's many twists and folds with panels, I'm afraid to put too much force for fear of snapping them off (one particular part of the transformation I hate is swivelling the back half of the plane, it feels so flimsy). It doesnt help that I have some loose bits, the hips on mine popped off four times, and the right elbow once while I was transforming him back into plane mode. Even without those issues I didnt think the transformation was that fun, sure it's different, but it doesnt capture my interest.

Robot: Probably the mode that I like best, I just love his trident weapon, and he has the poseability to wield it too. It would be nice if his hands were articulated (like Generations Darkmount), but it's still really good, I'm liking the wrist swivel.

Robot (front, side and back):

He has really sturdy feet, but too bad mine has loose hips (and I think this is a very common thing on this figure), but this is fixable. As well as that, mine has a loose right elbow swivel too, popping out very very easily, but all his other joints are tight...

He can store his trident in robot using the same clip for vehicle mode:

He has another 'flaw' as well, and is the one that I dont like the most about this figure, although looking good from the front and back, from an angle, you can see that he has a pretty gappy torso/chest:

I like the way how the jet nose is placed pointing upwards in his chest instead of the common pointing downwards ways. His headsculpt is really good too.

Robot and Robot Comparison:

Overall: This was one of the toys that I was really looking forward to when the first pictures came out, but even ignoring the loose joints; the gappy chest and the way the transformation forms the torso (through a couple of panels clipping together) really stops me enjoying this figure as much as I want to. That said, I would really like a seeker repaint of this mold, preferably as Skywarp .
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

What about Seaspray?
    Hey...that's a great idea...

Not much to add that hasn't already been said by others. This is a fantastic toy and one of the best deluxes in a long time. The leg joints are loose on mine too, seems a common fault. The transformation is so clever and fun. The robot mode has a lot of personality and poseability and the weapon is a nice change from just another gun. I had been holding off for a repaint but am very glad I finally opened this up. It put Tomahawk (which I opened at the same time) to shame.