Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IDW Drift comic reviews & comments (spoilers)

Exclamation Spoielry

i actually didnt mind it it was typically a quick read like most tf books are,..i guess i would of liked a bit more history on him...it would of been good to see the story start as drift in the slums his rise in the ranks of the decepticon army and definalty more on his time as a decepticon that earnt him his so called reputation.....

i also hope we find out more about the third faction and who why what etc....

i am looking forward to issue 2
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

The only thing that would make this series cooler would be Baysplosions. Drift should appear in TF3...

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky
    it was typically a quick read like most tf books are
    Like most post-Marvel TF books are (and they're more expensive too!)

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    i actually didnt mind it it was typically a quick read like most tf books are,..i guess i would of liked a bit more history on him...it would of been good to see the story start as drift in the slums his rise in the ranks of the decepticon army and definalty more on his time as a decepticon that earnt him his so called reputation.....

i also hope we find out more about the third faction and who why what etc....

i am looking forward to issue 2
    Prophetic, as this is what we see in the second issue via flashback (it's in the 5 page preview they've put out).
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The only thing that would make this series cooler would be Baysplosions. Drift should appear in TF3...

Like most post-Marvel TF books are (and they're more expensive too!)
    yes they most certainly are, i didnt mind that because typically IDW do not "Advertise" every three pages in a comic like marvel does

infact you can go 22 pages with out an add and the first add you get is adverts for IDW stuff

what i also noticed as well was the quality of the cover has come down too they used to use a thicker stock paper for the covers, now it is the same as a comic page
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

So issues 2 and 3 have come out. There's improvements but there still seems to be odd narrative leaps and character leaps and some let downs in the art (such as: Drift gets another new look but you have to look really closely to spot the differences). The new "G1" character might have been more interesting if he wasn't surrounded by a whole group of aliens who share that character's interests.

And issue four has come out.

If you're not a fan of Drift already, than this series is not going to win you over.

Inside, once you get past the Masters of the Universe cover, you get pretty much what you'd expect from the final issue of a miniseries like this. There's no real suprises to be had here.

Well that's not quite right. There is one plot development I didn't quite see but it didn't make a lot of sense to me. Where these alien bounty hunters really that much of a threat to these warrior robot monks? The response doesn't seem warranted.

The art on the last page is quite nice in my opinion. It's a bit of a shame in my opinion that the isolationist Cybertronians went for such a 'Gundam' look (is that the right comparison?). These over-complicated looking Transformers don't work that well in print.

...don't forget the totally-not-cheesy-non-cliché ending!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    And issue four has come out.

If you're not a fan of Drift already, than this series is not going to win you over.

Inside, once you get past the Masters of the Universe cover, you get pretty much what you'd expect from the final issue of a miniseries like this. There's no real suprises to be had here.

Well that's not quite right. There is one plot development I didn't quite see but it didn't make a lot of sense to me. Where these alien bounty hunters really that much of a threat to these warrior robot monks? The response doesn't seem warranted.
    This sure sounds like McCarthy written story.

Why did I know as soon as I saw the last post in this thread belonged to kup it would be an unconstructive, unelaborated on dig at McCarthy
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    Why did I know as soon as I saw the last post in this thread belonged to kup it would be an unconstructive, unelaborated on dig at McCarthy
    Always happy to please the fans that follow my work

But you are right, I shouldn't of posted that so I await the mods to delete it.

Just needing to vent my frustration of what has become of Transformers fiction in general which can be reflected in the dissatisfaction from posters here on IDW's main body of TF publications. There just isn't anything new worth following these days and by the looks of it, the foreseeable future.