Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: IDW Drift comic reviews & comments (spoilers)

I finally finished the mini and I agree with the sentiment that while this was decent it wasn't certainly memorable. I think pacing is an issue as others have noted. But the art went a long way to making up for it.

I liked Dai Atlas faction, found that an interesting perspective, but the threat of the aliens was built up well yet came down to nothing. It felt like a breeze almost but I kind of rationalised it in my mind as there was a whole city that just turned on them, they were bound to be overpowered. That said, transition and pacing should've been better.

I did enjoy this despite its flaws and its certainly better than a lot of anything else IDW have put out lately. I'd rate it above the Ironhide mini (whose final issue was just shockingly dialogued and paced) and the Ongoing. I've given up on movie stuff and in general a lot of IDW material. Refuse to be wasting $7 a pop on these things anymore - esp. when I already get a lot of their hardcovers multiple times.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

i grabbed the trade and read it last night; It's a decent read. I actually kind of like Drift, so maybe that helped my opinion, I dont know.

Also I kind of like the IDW Transformers in general, so that's priobably helping my thoughts onthe whole thing.
    i do NOT Play with toys...

But I DO occasionally do scale model assisted simulations in physical fight dynamics.