Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Generations/2010 Laser Rod Optimus Prime, Trailbreaker + MP Rodimus Western release

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    I agree I wanted a Deluxe, I just don't dig Legends.
    As someone who who could never afford the original Transformers, I was really happy that they were updating the original line. But for that, I dont understand why they cant make them of appropriate size?

Its really disappointing because legends size is just sucky in everyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    I agree I wanted a Deluxe, I just don't dig Legends.
    In the context of the '84 - '85 Autobots, I would have to agree. It makes more sense to have the original minibots legend size and all the Autobot cars deluxe size. It's just as important to some to have toys that are in scale with each other as it is to revisit these characters.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    Its really disappointing because legends size is just sucky in everyway.
    I actually enjoy the legend size toys for the most part. Some are a bit hit-n-miss, but Hasbro have improved on the legend toys over the last couple of years IMO.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    In the context of the '84 - '85 Autobots, I would have to agree. It makes more sense to have the original minibots legend size and all the Autobot cars deluxe size. It's just as important to some to have toys that are in scale with each other as it is to revisit these characters.

I actually enjoy the legend size toys for the most part. Some are a bit hit-n-miss, but Hasbro have improved on the legend toys over the last couple of years IMO.
    I think they would be better scout size actually.

there's only so much you can improve of a figure that small.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    And can't wait for the inevitable Scourge (Nemesis Prime) repaint.
    Toxitron and Laser Magnus first. THEN Scourge.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Don't like g2 prime. Looks too play school in truck mode. Plus it's yet another one that when in original form, it had a trailer, now it doesn't and looks like it would really benefit from one.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Plus it's yet another one that when in original form, it had a trailer, now it doesn't and looks like it would really benefit from one.
    Another project for a 3rd party me guess

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Meh, probably, but I'm not going to buy it anyway nor a 3rd party thing either.

I still don't get the "laser rod" thing either. Was it supposed to have a light saber?
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

The G2 Laser Rods have the same gimmick as Micron Legend Hot Rod and Masterpiece Grimlock -- an LED which illuminates the sword. With Laser Optimus Prime the LED also illuminated the headlights in truck mode. The Laser Rods were pretty neat and were among the very first generation of Transformers with highly articulated and poseable robot modes. IMO Laser Optimus Prime was an extraordinarily well crafted toy for its time and arguably one of the best Optimus Prime toys ever designed.

Canonically they wield energy blades - which is nothing new to Transformers - after all there were several G1 Transformers who wielded melee energy weapons such as the energo-swords wielded by Grimlock, Slag, Sludge and Snarl (but not Swoop - his weapon is a thermal sword). The LED piping looks cooler than just bright red plastic.