Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Band Thread

Fav Band right now = IRON MAIDEN, UP THE IRONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    Manowar.
    Nice.

my real favourite is The Coop. The man who started shock rock. The man who autographed my tattoo of him & which I had permanently had etched into my skin.

He, of course, led down the path of Hard Rock/Heavy Metal, With other favourites including Motorhead, Dio, Jorn, gunners, rob/white zombie.
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

Quote Originally Posted by Demonac View Post
    I have a short list of stuff I always go back to.
    The Dictators, Manowar, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Type-O-Negative, The Misfits, Led Zeppelin, Burzum, Bathory. I'm sure I missed a few.
    Ah, how did I forget Misfits and Type-o and Sabbath? Great stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    T.I.S.M
    Ahahahahahahahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by fatbot View Post
    my real favourite is The Coop. The man who started shock rock. The man who autographed my tattoo of him & which I had permanently had etched into my skin.

He, of course, led down the path of Hard Rock/Heavy Metal, With other favourites including Motorhead, Dio, Jorn, gunners, rob/white zombie.
    Coop, Motorhead, Dio, all greats as well. Man there are just too many bands I like to name them all.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    With the thought from UltraMarginal, I thought I would create this thread.

Post your favourite band of all time, or of the moment, any style, and explainm why it is so.

I'll start off.

Well if anyone who knows me, or recognizes my avatar, my all-time favourite is in fact Immortal. Black metal from the frosty lands of Oslo, Norway.

Got into metal in high school, while some of my friends went the way of more traditional heavy metal, I went to the extreme of Black metal and Death Metal. Immortal was one of the first bands I got into, and is a major inspiration for my singing (if you can call it that ) career. I still do it for fun when I have time. No band currently though.

Now my current favourite would have to be a band called Drudkh. Melding traditional Ukranian folk music with black metal is just amazing.

I have too many favourite bands anyway, because I have such a varied musical taste so I will just list some off.

Therion, Tyr, Behemoth, Rob/White Zombie, The Kovenant, Dungeon, Darker Half, Atomizer, Alestorm, Turisas, Alkonostt, Primus, Slayer, Steel Panther, ACDC, Children Of Bodom, Lordi... (I can't be bothered to list them all )
    Well thought 1AZRAEL1

My favorite band of the moment is without a doubt, The Bamboos, they are a Funk Band From Melbourne that started up a few years ago, lots of energy and they do a lot of collaboration on their albums, really looking forward to seeing them live, again.
    other bands on frequent rotation are Jamiroqui, Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings, the Brand New Heavies, the Cat Empire. U2, Gorillaz, Thievery Corporation, ACDC, Kiss, Muse.
    Scores to films, Transformers (of course) starwars, star trek, Lord of the rings, spiderman, generally anything scored by John Williams, Danny Elfman, Jerry Goldsmith, Michael Giacchino, it's great stuff to have on in the background while working.
    There's a new group who I saw support The brand new heavies a few weeks ago, they are the Electric Empire, four guys, really exciting to watch, the drummer is a nutter, they were about to release their first album, I think they are worth keeping an eye on.

There seems to be a fair leaning towards heavy metal in the list, I wonder if there is a parallel between loving heavy metal and liking Giant
    Freaking Robots? The score of the original show and animated movie had a lot of rock, even the newer movies soundtracks only have a bit of fairly heavy rock, apart from being inspired by a German Teacher and 1AZRAEL1(who is obviously passionate about sharing music ), what other things have inspired peoples music tastes.

I know for me it was actually an early episode of transformers, Jazz played something to distract the Decepticons ( or something) and it was a really groovy piece of music, I'd never heard anything like it (my dad listened to both kinds of music), so I've since tried to learn about Jazz, which I really enjoy, this led me more towards Acid Jazz, Funk and through inspiration through playing drums at school and uni I picked up interest in orchestral scores, rock and various other genre's.

Sorry for blabbing, sometimes I get carried away. etc etc...

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post

Ahahahahahahahahahaha
    Why do I get that alot?
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

KISS Players*, Linkin Park and
    and Cyber Nation Network (sorry, unable to find English language web site about them, but here's a sample)

-------------------------------------------
    *speaking purely from a musical POV; this is not to say that I'm a fan of KISS Play fiction or anything. But I like their music.

What a Bunch of Bogans we are!

Hunting: Alternators, Binaltechs. Loose or Boxed
    Hunting: Bravestar figure 'Thunderstick'
    Collection:My Collection

I have eclectic taste when it comes to music but prefer metal before others.
    Top bands at the moment are Disturbed, Rammstein and anything with Rob Zombie.

Otherwise i like old Korn, NIN, Cradle of Filth etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I wasn't really a fan of Linkin Park until I heard their new CD 'A Thousand Suns'. A lot of fans have voiced their disapproval on the direction the band has taken, but I really like it. Worth a listen if you haven't already
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

My brother liking his dance music knowing that I liking my older rock was kind enough to show me this... Not bad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0DTm_bWEjs
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503