Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Band Thread

Default Favourite Band Thread

With the thought from UltraMarginal, I thought I would create this thread.

Post your favourite band of all time, or of the moment, any style, and explainm why it is so.

I'll start off.

Well if anyone who knows me, or recognizes my avatar, my all-time favourite is in fact Immortal. Black metal from the frosty lands of Oslo, Norway.

Got into metal in high school, while some of my friends went the way of more traditional heavy metal, I went to the extreme of Black metal and Death Metal. Immortal was one of the first bands I got into, and is a major inspiration for my singing (if you can call it that ) career. I still do it for fun when I have time. No band currently though.

Now my current favourite would have to be a band called Drudkh. Melding traditional Ukranian folk music with black metal is just amazing.

I have too many favourite bands anyway, because I have such a varied musical taste so I will just list some off.

Therion, Tyr, Behemoth, Rob/White Zombie, The Kovenant, Dungeon, Darker Half, Atomizer, Alestorm, Turisas, Alkonostt, Primus, Slayer, Steel Panther, ACDC, Children Of Bodom, Lordi... (I can't be bothered to list them all )

As 1AZRAEL1 says, I was one of the couple of mates who followed a slightly more traditional Metal route.

For me, my favourite Band/s of all time are Rammstein & Ozzy Osbourne.

Now, funnily enough, I'd never actually known who or what Metal was, when I told 1AZRAEL1 that... I was then quite rightly punched in the head and was introduced to Metal through Rammstein by him and our German Teacher.

I don't know what it was, but that day in German Class when our Teacher, Mr. Spicer, said: "Here is an easy, modern German song I want you to learn, it's a Heavy Metal song I believe, I think it is?, anyway I want you to learn it: Rammstein's Engel" - It triggered something that would change my entire personality from that day forward and for the better.

It got even better when 1AZRAEL1 gave me a copy of the Album (Sehnsucht) to listen to and told me some names of bands that I might like, as did a couple of other mates, one act of whom being Ozzy.

I downloaded Ozzy's Crazy Train off Napster (that's how long ago it was, lol) and was instantly hooked!

I don't know what it is about Ozzy, but be it Sabbath (my close 3rd favourite) or solo Ozzy, I just can't get enough!

My tastes in Metal have stuck pretty much along the same lines for the past 12 years, listening to the same Old Guard that I did all those years ago.

Here are some you may know:

Fear Factory, Disturbed, Slipknot, Pantera, Coal Chamber, KoRn, Rob Zombie/White Zombie, Static-X, Machine Head, Mudvayne, Marilyn Manson and Drowning Pool to name a few.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

It's hard to pin down just one, but I think a notable mention would be run-dmc.

They melded rap/hiphop/rock together so well and uniqely that there has been noone else since to even come close to any sort of emulation or style.

It's funny though, I can't stand rap (postering fools), or hiphop (candy arsed bubblegum crap), I do like rock. But those guys put it together so well and when they collaberated with other artists such as aerosmith, it became legendary.
    Code:
    O o 
      _
     / --------------------------------
    |      IMMA FIRIN MA LAZAR!!!
     \_--------------------------------

I can't pick just one. As per my sig / handle Five Finger Death Punch and Skinlab Also a big fan of Mudvayne and Nothingface (who unfortunately broke up many years ago ).
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Cool thread. Every band that was mentioned are great choices.
    As for me my favourite of all time is Motley Crue.
    I got into music in 1989 and the album that was just released was Dr Feelgood and it didnt take long to know every word!
    The music back then was great ae, Appetite for Destruction was still real popular, Pump was about to be released and the next year Metallica and ACDC released two of the most popular albums of all time!
    Just a shame i wasnt a bit older i couldve seen Van Halen Rule the world.

Apart from the Crue my other favs
    Pink Floyd, Guns n roses, Ozzy, Bon Jovi, ACDC, Poison and Kiss, which ive all seen live and Aerosmith and Van Halen which ive still got to see......... Van Halen is gonna be a mission!

Hunting: Alternators, Binaltechs. Loose or Boxed
    Hunting: Bravestar figure 'Thunderstick'
    Collection:My Collection

Like so many people it's hard to pin down one so I'll just list a few of my favourite bands/musicians

Bon Jovi, U2, Screaming Jets, INXS, Linkin Park, Talking Heads, T.I.S.M, Adam Ant, Mental as Anything, Michael Buble, Van Halen and Def Lepard will do for a start.

An honourable mention goes to a band that I've just discovered. Northern Kings. They do some real amazing covers of 70's and 80's songs in a sort of 90's euro-rock sort of way I guess would be the best way to describe them. My personal favourites of theirs are "Hello", "Don't Stop Believing" and "Sledgehammer"
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

my top band is ACDC but others would include Rammstein, R.A.T.M., Regurgitator, White Sripes

Rammsteins "Shensucht" was the first album of theres that i had heard and loved them ever since with Buch Dich being one of my favourite songs

Like most, I cant choose one favourite band but a few of mine are The Aquabats!, Daft Punk, Gorillaz and Primus.
    I guess most of my taste in music comes from my nostalgia for the mid/late 90s and from spending so much of my child hood with my three older sisters (one hooked me on rock and the other two got me on dance/electro ).
    Soundwave superior. All others inferior!

I have a short list of stuff I always go back to.
    The Dictators, Manowar, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Type-O-Negative, The Misfits, Led Zeppelin, Burzum, Bathory. I'm sure I missed a few.

lots n lots

linkin park - not so much their new stuff, disturbed, rammstien, ac/dc, inxs, micheal jackson, metallica, genesis/phil collins, john farnham, some korn, faithless, some limp bizkit, some gyroscope, few drowning pool, motley crew, megadeath, stereo mcs, 28 days, sure i missed stuff

then i like 1 - 4 songs from somewhere the knife- silent shout, ghetto musik - outkast, flo rida etc etc

top ones old linkin park, rammstein, disturbed, phil collins/genesis, acdc metallica