Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC King Greyskull

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Correct! Those MOTUC items plus others are all listed on the Matty Collector news page now - they were doing a slow reveal.
    I know I want Battle Cat but I am not sure if I want MOTUC He-Man and Skeletor...decisions, decisions.

Not that i need more competition while trying to order my He-Man, but i have to advise you to pick up at least a Skeletor, he's awesome

Yeah but my main issue with MOTUC is that the toys are too stylized like the original toys, they look too goofy for me.

However I could change my mind when I do see one in person.

Yeah, i can certainly see where you're coming from. For me - i never had any He-man figs as a kid, only my mates. As such i had a poor memory of what the original toys looked like until recently.
    When i saw these classics for the first time, they matched up with my memories so closely! Then, i looked up the original figures and the overall difference is huge, but the new figs manage to give a flawless nostalgic feel; a bit like the modern updates to G1 toys.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Yeah, i can certainly see where you're coming from. For me - i never had any He-man figs as a kid, only my mates. As such i had a poor memory of what the original toys looked like until recently.
    When i saw these classics for the first time, they matched up with my memories so closely! Then, i looked up the original figures and the overall difference is huge, but the new figs manage to give a flawless nostalgic feel; a bit like the modern updates to G1 toys.
    I had several figures when I was a kid but the way the toys were stylized when compared to the character models always bothered me somewhat. Strangely enough there are much bigger differences between TF G1 toys and their character models but it never bothered me as much as with MOTU.

This is why I love the 200x line. They are clearly and identifiable as the same characters but sculpted in a much more detailed and realistic form. For me, this feels much better as an evolution of the character designs and I really enjoy them for that.

MOTUC seems way too much of a throwback to the style of the orginal toys which means a much simpler and cartoony 'kid's toy' type of look which I am not digging as a modern figure. A prime exaple of this is King Randor, the MOTUC figure is too goofy looking like the original toy, he almost looks like the Burger King which is a massive contrast to the awesome looking MOTU 200x design.

However I am grateful that the MOTUC line has allowed for cool characters to appear in toy form like Count Marzo, Chief Carnivus and others.
    Last edited by kup; 15th November 2010 at 03:58 PM.

10 mins! Going for King Grayskull plus a weapons pack. Only want the Trap Jaw pieces i think, so rest probably for sale later if anyone's interested

Edit:
    Huzzah! Success! That wasn't so bad ... one WSOD on my first reload @9am PST. Another going to payment options. Both lasted about 2 minutes and then it continued, and now i have a confirmation email!! Hope it's this easy for Cyber Monday (and for everyone else today too!)

SUCCESS!!! I have now ordered 2 King Greyskulls. Update me on your status KUP!

Quote Originally Posted by gekisou View Post
    SUCCESS!!! I have now ordered 2 King Greyskulls. Update me on your status KUP!
    Same here! lol

Congratulations. It was touch and go as I was in the waiting screen for like 15 minutes before I could complete my order.

LOL Same here. I was on the site 10 minutes prior and for 20 odd minutes, it kept refreshing.
    I guess I will sell my extra here if anyone wants it. It usually takes about a month to get to me...

Quote Originally Posted by gekisou View Post
    LOL Same here. I was on the site 10 minutes prior and for 20 odd minutes, it kept refreshing.
    I guess I will sell my extra here if anyone wants it. It usually takes about a month to get to me...
    It may be the same with me, I am not sure of shipping times to Sydney from Matty.

Shopping at Mattycollector for the first time was a nerve wrecking suspenseful experience. I was sure that I had missed out when I was 15 minutes in the waiting screen with no sign of breaking free. Thankfully that wasn't the case and I know what to expect next time.