Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC King Greyskull

Reading the success/failure stories on he-man.org... man some of those ppl have 5 browsers open and are constantly refreshing manually.. it's no wonder the site can't take it!

They certainly have an interesting way of handling the load anyway. I would have thought just packing their server to the brim with more processor power and memory would solve half these ordering problems (it does for the servers used by my work).

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    It may be the same with me, I am not sure of shipping times to Sydney from Matty.

Shopping at Mattycollector for the first time was your a nerve wrecking suspenseful experience. I was sure that I had missed out when I was 15 minutes in the waiting screen with no sign of breaking free.
    It's usually a bit less than a month. And Kup, now you know what everyone was on about. Hopefully today was my second last time of having to put up with the white screen of death - the Royal Guards are allegedly the final non-subscription toys, then I just can sit back and allow Matty to do all the work next year.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Reading the success/failure stories on he-man.org... man some of those ppl have 5 browsers open and are constantly refreshing manually.. it's no wonder the site can't take it!

They certainly have an interesting way of handling the load anyway. I would have thought just packing their server to the brim with more processor power and memory would solve half these ordering problems (it does for the servers used by my work).
    I think the site server is just an old 486 in Matty's basement.

Opening 5 browsers does nothing if they are running from the same connection. The site is grabbing you by the IP address. Each of the computers need to be on a separate connection. I had my PC on my home internet and the smartphone on mobile internet just so that I could have a bit of an edge. It's crazy that a massive corporate body like Mattel has such a crappy server.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    It's usually a bit less than a month. And Kup, now you know what everyone was on about. Hopefully today was my second last time of having to put up with the white screen of death - the Royal Guards are allegedly the final non-subscription toys, then I just can sit back and allow Matty to do all the work next year.
    Yeah I now know. Unfortunately I am not all that interested in too many figures to have a subscription so I will need to continue battling like this. I understand now why someone said in the He-Man.org chat that its more like a siege than a battle. You have to break through Matty's walls!

Opening 5 browsers does nothing if they are running from the same connection. The site is grabbing you by the IP address. Each of the computers need to be on a separate connection. I had my PC on my home internet and the smartphone on mobile internet just so that I could have a bit of an edge. It's crazy that a massive corporate body like Mattel has such a crappy server.
    I'm no tech expert (just a lowly designer ) but i think you're wrong... I'll ask my netnerd friends tomorrow. Each time you reload, you're sending a request from each browser and their server will try and deal with each and every one. There's one guy on there with multiple computers each loaded up with multiple browsers!

Netcraft has some details of their server actually... Windows Server 2003 with IIS6, so it's a bit old software wise but they also have Citrix Netscaler which appears to be some load balancing equipment or software.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    I'm no tech expert (just a lowly designer ) but i think you're wrong... I'll ask my netnerd friends tomorrow. Each time you reload, you're sending a request from each browser and their server will try and deal with each and every one. There's one guy on there with multiple computers each loaded up with multiple browsers!

Netcraft has some details of their server actually... Windows Server 2003 with IIS6, so it's a bit old software wise but they also have Citrix Netscaler which appears to be some load balancing equipment or software.
    Regardless, it's crazy how they have solid proof of such a huge demand and yet they don't expand their operations to accommodate it. At least they are acknowledging the existence of a sustainable collector market so that deserves some credit.

Yeah agreed. Incredibly lame for the largest toy company in the world!

It's been almost 1 hour and 30 minutes and they still have figures available. Maybe they did the smart thing and increased production numbers.

annnnnnd Grizzlor's gone!

King Grayskull and the weapons pack is still available but almost gone.

Funny, I figured that King Grayskull would sell out first.

King Grayskull and the weapons pack is still available but almost gone.

Funny, I figured that King Grayskull would sell out first.
    Agreed. If I had known, I would have slept a few more hours.
    Ah well, at least I know I have it now.