Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC King Greyskull

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    King Grayskull and the weapons pack is still available but almost gone.

Funny, I figured that King Grayskull would sell out first.
    Grizzlor is a first release of a 'vintage' character with hundreds of cartoon/comic appearances, and they had to fill orders for him for both subscriptions and people online. Grayskull is a redeco of a character with only about fifteen seconds of fame and Matty just had to fill orders for people who could be bothered to face the red screen of death (no subscriptions).

And he's not furry.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Grizzlor is a first release of a 'vintage' character with hundreds of cartoon/comic appearances, and they had to fill orders for him for both subscriptions and people online. Grayskull is a redeco of a character with only about fifteen seconds of fame and Matty just had to fill orders for people who could be bothered to face the red screen of death (no subscriptions).

And he's not furry.
    I don't like that Grizzlor. As someone said in the He-Man.org chat, he looks like a furry potato.

I prefer the design of the 200x character. He is still furry but at least looks menacing rather than goofy.

I fear for Cyber-Monday. Seems that figures released on that day will have shorter production runs so I have to get ready for the WSOD and the possibility of missing out even though I was there on time.
    Last edited by kup; 16th November 2010 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Opening 5 browsers does nothing if they are running from the same connection. The site is grabbing you by the IP address.
    Confirmed with my mate that different browsers will result in whole new connections, so the best chance is to not flood it with requests. Th eother thing i don't get is why everyone on he-man.org was reporting WSOD before the start time! That shows a whole lot of people are trying to get onto the page too early. The best option is to load the bundle page well in advance, and then just after it starts, hit refresh once to get it going.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Confirmed with my mate that different browsers will result in whole new connections, so the best chance is to not flood it with requests. Th eother thing i don't get is why everyone on he-man.org was reporting WSOD before the start time! That shows a whole lot of people are trying to get onto the page too early. The best option is to load the bundle page well in advance, and then just after it starts, hit refresh once to get it going.
    Odd, I imagined the site logging you by IP address not the browser. Anyhow, the WSOD was a complete surprise to me, I didn't expect it at all until I got it. I thought that the only challenge was to get to the end of the transaction before the figures sold out. When I first got the WSOD I thought the site had crashed but then I realized that if I left it alone, it would eventually get me in as otherwise I would be spamming it with the refresh key loosing my place in the queue each time.

It seems very random though. I was stuck on it for about 16 minutes while others who were also there from the start seem to have been on it for well over an hour.

Many people in Australia seems to have gotten in at the same time though.

BTW: King Grayskull is sold out

They probably do have a log of the IPs that'd show all the multiples of the same IP. It'll always be a new request though because you can be logged in as different users in different browsers.

The instances of the auto-refresh never going away is probably per-user browser problems. Next time i'll have a look and see what method they're using to reload the page.

People getting through the WSOD in a seemingly random order is impossible to explain though.

Reading this and he-man.org does not inspire confidence. I just want to get battlecat on cyber monday. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    Reading this and he-man.org does not inspire confidence. I just want to get battlecat on cyber monday. Fingers crossed.
    I want to get Battle Cat too but I am not getting my hopes up just in case I miss out.

Battle Cat sold out in 10 minutes (if I remember correctly) and I was lucky to get two (gave one to a friend for his wedding gift ) and all I can say is 'hang in there'. This Battle Cat is a re-release meaning there are heaps of people out there who already have him.
    You have a better chance of getting him. So stay positive.

Quote Originally Posted by gekisou View Post
    Battle Cat sold out in 10 minutes (if I remember correctly) and I was lucky to get two (gave one to a friend for his wedding gift ) and all I can say is 'hang in there'. This Battle Cat is a re-release meaning there are heaps of people out there who already have him.
    You have a better chance of getting him. So stay positive.
    Im pretty sure it's not a re release but left over stock in the wearhouse for returns etc so stock will be extremely limited,i suspect him to sell out in seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by twincobra View Post
    Im pretty sure it's not a re release but left over stock in the wearhouse for returns etc so stock will be extremely limited,i suspect him to sell out in seconds.
    I have heard of this and that is why I am dreading the day.