Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7172223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: October Acquisitions

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Congratulations!

Btw, that's a G1 Fearswoop, not G2. The toys are identical, but that box is clearly G1. (unless someone took a G2 Fearswoop and put it in a G1 Fearswoop box, then there's no way to tell... but I'd say that's rather unlikely. ). G2 Fearswoop came in a G2 style card.

G1 Fearswoop (left) and G2 Fearswoop (right)
    oh? But how come the decepticon symbol in the box was using the G2 version? I dont get it? So even before G2 was officially G2 they have been using the new style symbols in G1?

@ 1Azrael1 - he cost me $70 which is fine by me coz he goes for much more (considering the toy isnt so great )in ebay + postage aaand is quite very very hard to find nowadays. good thing I still have money to spare, but yeah after this no more buying til next payday

@kup - there wasnt much on display - they have Japanese 2 packs of BW Neo stuff - Big Mos against some yellow dump truck guy, and Ikard Vs yellow plane and snarl lookalike vs blue plane - both $40, there's Armada Prime for $129 - he was high up so I didnt bother with that, a G1 Seaspray for 10 bucks (unbroken fins), a few Baymovieverse figures in MISC, cant remember the rest as I became focused on this guy when I saw it .

@ Zippo - awesome haul man!!

@ 5FDP - I'll tell yah the next time I get bored and go huntin heheheh

I asked the guy there if they have a whole lot more other Tf stuff but they just said NO, he said we dont get a lot lately. He didnt mention anything about a box from their Parramatta branch.

BTW that branch is still open apparently from Thursday to weekends from 10-3 til they finally clear out most of their stock.
    Last edited by liegeprime; 28th October 2010 at 11:53 PM.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Can Lugnut save his amazing friends, his girlfriend and the entire planet of Cybertron from the clutches of... The Collector?

And has he 'advanced' enough to 'try' to finally 'press' Strika's 'deluxe' 'spark crystal'?

Find out tomorrow in the next exciting episode of Lugnut And His Amazing Friends. Same Nut-time; Same Nut-channel!

(Many thanks to Sharky for Strika, to eBay for Gigastorm, and to Robot Kingdom for not screwing up my order. )

no beasties?

Quote Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
    no beasties?

(Are you talking about Blackarachnia and Claw Jaw? The photo's just my haul from yesterday - your package arrived on Monday and I sent you a PM on Tuesday thanking you for them. I don't normally post my acquisitions, in this case I just thought people might be interested in knowing that Primus had arrived. Plus, Lugnut was excited about Strika. )

Can Lugnut save his amazing friends, his girlfriend and the entire planet of Cybertron from the clutches of... The Collector?

And has he 'advanced' enough to 'try' to finally 'press' Strika's 'deluxe' 'spark crystal'?

Find out tomorrow in the next exciting episode of Lugnut And His Amazing Friends. Same Nut-time; Same Nut-channel!

(Many thanks to Sharky for Strika, to eBay for Gigastorm, and to Robot Kingdom for not screwing up my order. )
    Dam! nice score on the Gigastorm! always wanted him but cant find him

Caved in and brought Breacher from Minotaur rather than waiting for the department stores to stock it in numbers. Now I feel like I should open that and Seaspray this weekend and maybe that will get me into an opening spree.

Also got the fourth issue of Drift and the second of Sector 7. Thoughts to come.

Many thanks to SamLoi888/uncle for the classics/universe lot!!!
    LF: G1/Henkei/SOC/others
    For Sale/Trade:Misc TF Sale
    Want List: WSTs, SCF PVCs, Henkei, Classics

Very nice Sky Shadow. Gigastorm is the last cyberbeast I need (their awesome). Very pricey though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Wow, we totally posted at the same time Sky Shadow! , a very nice haul by the way dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by rampagesss View Post
    Dam! nice score on the Gigastorm! always wanted him but cant find him
    Quote Originally Posted by King Atlas View Post
    Very nice Sky Shadow. Gigastorm is the last cyberbeast I need (their awesome). Very pricey though.
    Thanks guys - I too have wanted one for many years (and with the dollar as it is, I figured there may never be a better time to buy a Gigastorm.)

Quote Originally Posted by Me View Post
    Of course he can...

LUGNUT: Um... it looked bigger on TV.

GIGASTORM: I think it just looks small because it's very far away.

LUGNUT: Oh, yeah, of course! Hey... where did Strika go?

NARRATOR: Where did Strika go?

LUGNUT: And where's that voice coming from?

NARRATOR: Where is my voice coming from? Find out tomorrow in the next exciting episode of Lugnut And His Amazing Friends. Same Nut-time; Same Nut-channel!

Thanks guys - I too have wanted one for many years (and with the dollar as it is, I figured there may never be a better time to buy a Gigastorm.)

Of course he can...

LUGNUT: Um... it looked bigger on TV.

GIGASTORM: I think it just looks small because it's very far away.

LUGNUT: Oh, yeah, of course! Hey... where did Strika go?

NARRATOR: Where did Strika go?

LUGNUT: And where's that voice coming from?

NARRATOR: Where is my voice coming from? Find out tomorrow in the next exciting episode of Lugnut And His Amazing Friends. Same Nut-time; Same Nut-channel!
    I am loling so hard.

But where was the - "Tune in next time to hear Lugnut say- ALL HAIL MEGATRON!!"

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    oh? But how come the decepticon symbol in the box was using the G2 version? I dont get it? So even before G2 was officially G2 they have been using the new style symbols in G1?
    Pretty much. The insignias used in G2 didn't come from G2, they originated in the final year of G1 (1993). Then later that year when they switched to G2, they reused those insignias. So because the '93 G1 toys' logos became G2 logos, and also because aside from packaging there were no changes made to the toys; these toys are often referred to by fans as "G1.5"