Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 23456789101525 ... LastLast

Thread: October Acquisitions

Default Kyle's BUMBL3BEE

This is actually from September. Have had the car for 3 weeks now but yesterday was the first time I've driven it.

My parents recently sold their old house and decided to use part of the money to help pay for my sister's mortgage and a new car for me. I will never be able to afford a Camaro so went for the next best thing, a yellow Suzuki Swift.

I have a manual licence but didn't use to own a car and haven't driven for many many years. Been relying on public transports and lifts from friends. So when we went to the car dealer to pick up the car I let my sister drive it home for me. I was hoping the car dealer didn't see that but he did...

The secretaries at uni suggested that I should apply for a custom plate myself for birthday, so we went to a licencing centre to enquire. Of course, good combinations such as "BUMBLEBEE", "BUMBLBEE", "BMBLEBEE", "BMBLBEE", "BUMBLEB" etc were all already taken. Then my sister suggested using the number "3" as a substitue for "E". Now my final plate is "BUMBL3BEE".

Thank you 1orion2many, for thinking that a bright yellow car is "too happy" and bought me a George Michael CD as a present for the new car. I will have my revenge soon, very soon...

(Actually, all the people who don't know about Transformers have all questioned my taste in colour and now give me funny looks... )

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Thank you 1orion2many, for thinking that a bright yellow car is "too happy" and bought me a George Michael CD as a present for the new car. I will have my revenge soon, very soon...

(Actually, all the people who don't know about Transformers have all questioned my taste in colour and now give me funny looks... )
    Congrats Kyle, the Swift is an awesome small car, been trying to talk my missus into buying one for a couple of months now, and they look good in yellow (it suits it, just like the new dark green suits the new commodores).

And I hope you blast out that George Michael CD from the car, that should get you some awesome looks from pedestrians!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Awesome Kyle. Super congrats. That's very cool. How are their Alternities held down?

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Congrats Kyle, the Swift is an awesome small car, been trying to talk my missus into buying one for a couple of months now, and they look good in yellow (it suits it, just like the new dark green suits the new commodores).

And I hope you blast out that George Michael CD from the car, that should get you some awesome looks from pedestrians!
    I agree with that. Swifts are great cars. I managed to convince my sister to buy one (translate have Mum and Dad buy her one) Just a pain in the arse to work on... You need real small hands.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Picked these up today

HftD Elita-1
    HftD Sidearm Sideswipe
    HftD Legends Sandstorm
    Soundwave superior. All others inferior!

This is actually from September. Have had the car for 3 weeks now but yesterday was the first time I've driven it.

My parents recently sold their old house and decided to use part of the money to help pay for my sister's mortgage and a new car for me. I will never be able to afford a Camaro so went for the next best thing, a yellow Suzuki Swift.

I have a manual licence but didn't use to own a car and haven't driven for many many years. Been relying on public transports and lifts from friends. So when we went to the car dealer to pick up the car I let my sister drive it home for me. I was hoping the car dealer didn't see that but he did...

The secretaries at uni suggested that I should apply for a custom plate myself for birthday, so we went to a licencing centre to enquire. Of course, good combinations such as "BUMBLEBEE", "BUMBLBEE", "BMBLEBEE", "BMBLBEE", "BUMBLEB" etc were all already taken. Then my sister suggested using the number "3" as a substitue for "E". Now my final plate is "BUMBL3BEE".

very nice kyle awesome i like the "bee-otch" ornament

Who cares about other's who think it's an odd colour! Love it! I would drive one anyday. Once saw one that had the 2 black strips in the centre.

I also have a Bumblebee stuck on my dashboard with blue tag - Animated Activator Bumblebee. But do note due to sun and atmosphere exposure, the joints do get loose over time. I used to also have G1 bumblebee stuck on the dash board, but the tyres melted!
    ~ JuzMel ~
    My son is taking over all my TFs!

My first acquisition for the month of October - 37 Transformer Marvel UK comics (issues 182, 183, 184, 185, 187, 241, 242, 243, 244, 245, 246, 248, 249, 250, 251, 253, 254, 256, 257, 258, 259, 260, 261, 262, 263, 264, 267, 268, 270, 271, 272, 273, 274, 275, 276, 278 and 279). These were all purchased from Sydney based eBay seller nb1872. It was probably the smoothest transaction I have ever experienced.

Unfortunately I still don't have the posters that came with issues 320 - 322 therefore if anyone has them and is willing to help me out, I'd be forever grateful We could even arrange for a trade if you are missing any of the above issues.

@ Kyle - Congrats on the new wheels mate.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Wow Kyle that's pure

5FDP: Not sure if I have those posters, but lemme check and I'll get back to you.

Nice ride Kyle, is that Skids parked next to it?