Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1 vote for cgi beast wars-the gathering/the ascending shows

Default 1 vote for cgi beast wars-the gathering/the ascending shows

hello all!
    i don't know if this has been discussed before-i would love to see (maybe for some anniversary?!) the idw beast wars comics-the gathering & the ascending as (newly commissioned?) cgi beast wars (encore?) episodes...they are both great stories and would truly deserve it,in my opinion!
    if you like beast wars,what do you think??

I liked The Gathering but I was somewhat underwhelmed by The Ascending.

Maybe as 3D animation becomes more accessible and easier to create, fans may be inclined to one day make those stories into CGI just as fans have animated the War Within comics.

Would love to see these done. Haven't read Ascending and only part of The Gathering but was impressed with it.

I'd like to see a series (comic or cartoon) that fills in the gap between G2 and Beast Wars. A professional version of "The Theft of the Golden Disk" would be cool, but you could also cover all kinds of other events lead up to, around and after that incident too. Like the genesis of Protoform X and all those nasty things he did (like wiping out entire Maximal colonies and even cannabalising other Transformers) before being hunted down and imprisoned by Depth Charge.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I liked The Gathering but I was somewhat underwhelmed by The Ascending.

Maybe as 3D animation becomes more accessible and easier to create, fans may be inclined to one day make those stories into CGI just as fans have animated the War Within comics.
    I agree that the gathering is the better story of the 2.
    Done cgi beast wars show style,it would be a great show/introduce some of the many other beast wars characters/an interesting tangent while still a nice tie in with the existing 3 season show etc..
    It is great that there are fans who make these types of ideas a reality!

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    Would love to see these done. Haven't read Ascending and only part of The Gathering but was impressed with it.
    Glad you like the idea!
    I recommend you read the rest of the gathering,it is a great beast wars story!
    The gathering,in my opinon,is the better story of the 2,but the ascending is still worth reading!
    There are lots of characters in both stories which do not make it on the beast wars shows!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I'd like to see a series (comic or cartoon) that fills in the gap between G2 and Beast Wars. A professional version of "The Theft of the Golden Disk" would be cool, but you could also cover all kinds of other events lead up to, around and after that incident too. Like the genesis of Protoform X and all those nasty things he did (like wiping out entire Maximal colonies and even cannabalising other Transformers) before being hunted down and imprisoned by Depth Charge.
    Those are all Awesome ideas!
    There are enough of these type of stories to fill a season-I'm sure others would agree-Bring it on!
    There are even stories relating to beast wars mentioned in beast machines that could be developed into a show!

One thing I enjoyed about the comics was the use of characters that had never been used in a show before (e.g. Razorbeast, Bonecrusher, Wolfang, Manterror, Cybershark etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by tjparkside
    The gathering,in my opinon,is the better story of the 2
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    +1

I'd like to see more Beast Wars (and hope Madman release BWII and Neo subbed) but I don't think the IDW stories would make for good TV. They are a bit cluttered in the attempt to get as many BW toys as possible into at least one panel. In animated form you'd be hard off trying to keep track of who's who unless you had a Beast Wars guidebook handy. If it kept the cast down to the key Maximals from the story (Razorbeast, Op Minor, Bonecrusher, Snarl, etc) there could be potential for it to appeal to more than just fans.