Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The non-toy Star Wars discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Wow, a lot of thought went into that. And some.

My gut feeling is that Ridley (Rey's character) uses her native accent cos it's easier than to fake an accent. Imagine Rey speaking with an Aussie accent. They'd have to write a dingo into the script.
    "A dingo ate my bb-8"

I know its a bit late, but RIP Jason Wingreen. He passed away on Christmas 2015.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Megatran Guest

What's the chance of Mark Hamill being nominated & winning the Best Supporting Actor Award for 2016? Be it the Oscar, Golden Globes, Emmy, BAFTA, Cannes. I say this cos Marlon Brando took home the Oscar for Best Actor in Leading Role in The Godfather. His screen time was short. But we all remembered all those sliced lemon & tissue paper they shoved into his cheeks.

There's an interview that's doing the rounds atm where Ahmed Best talks about how he's often been hurt by a lot of the hatred that he's copped because of Jar Jar Binks. I get that a lot of people hate Jar Jar, but to hate Best because of it?!? That seems silly. It's not Best's fault that George Lucas wrote Jar Jar to be such a freakin' uselessly lame character in Episode I. And to be fair, Jar Jar was a better character in Episodes II and III, and even in the Clone Wars series as they realised that Jar Jar should just stop wasting screen time and actually contribute to the story.

It's sad to think that some fans have taken it so personally and decided to lash out against Best. He was only giving the performance that Lucas wanted from him. That's an actor's job. And Best makes a fair point in that he was one of the pioneers of motion tracked acting. But honestly, a lot of Transformers fans rightfully hate G1 Wheelie, but we don't hate Frank Welker because of it! Actors don't write scripts or direct films!

"If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi-Wan's apprentice."

I see that Hasbro is making a Black Series Darth Revan figure. Does that mean the Old Republic Era is still canon and hasn't been disavowed by Disney?

Seeing Revan, Kylo Ren and Ashoka's figures from Toy Fair means I'll probably start collecting 6" Black Series figures now instead of 3.75".

Wallet is not going to like me.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I see that Hasbro is making a Black Series Darth Revan figure. Does that mean the Old Republic Era is still canon and hasn't been disavowed by Disney?

Seeing Revan, Kylo Ren and Ashoka's figures from Toy Fair means I'll probably start collecting 6" Black Series figures now instead of 3.75".

Nah, Old Republic is still Expanded Universe.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post

it was a "fans choice" poll winner apparently

*edit
    http://www.starwars.com/news/poll-vo...-6-inch-figure

the sabine figure was also due to the poll too

Megatran Guest

George Lucas was in Adelaide yesterday for a guest speaking gig. Superannuation of all things.... not that h'ed have any worries living off the pension.