Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415

Thread: The non-toy Star Wars discussion thread

WARNING: Episode 6 visual spoiler below

Quote Originally Posted by Bemblebuu View Post
    In Star Wars Rebels, Ahsoka Tano gives Vader a similar helmet gash. Rebels is an excellent series.
    Ah, yes. I do sit corrected.
    First time we've seen it in live action then.

Quote Originally Posted by Bemblebuu View Post
    Thought the season finale was pretty good. Kenobi Vs Vader was cool. Reva's story arc was underwhelming and her inclusion unnecessary. Would much rather have seen her as a committed Inquisitor, with a Starscream-esque backstabby/bootlick persona. The whole presence of the Inquisitors felt meh, and I really don't understand how and why Reva's motivations/ survival/ etc, got the green light.
    I quite liked it, and it was an unexpected twist for me. It also demonstrates why Vader slaughtered the younglings at the Jedi Temple; because you don't want them growing up and becoming your future enemy. Vader apparently allowed Reva to survive as a means to hunt down Kenobi. But it was also interesting to see more of the hunt for Younglings in this series; including the flashback of Reva hiding among corpses, plus the body of one of her childhood peers as a trophy. It does go to show just how irredeemably low Anakin has fallen... to the point where he is willing to mass murder children and their teachers; the equivalent of a school shooting (school sabring?). Of course, as the audience we know that Anakin has done this before with the Tuskens; but the rest of the galaxy never knew that. Plus Anakin regretted and felt ashamed of his slaughter of the Tuskens (breaking down and crying in the Lars garage in front of Padme). Of course, Anakin does also feel sadness and regret over his actions as Darth Vader; it's just that he's buried those feelings deep inside. It won't be until the end of Return of the Jedi when Luke taps into Vader's inner conflict to win Anakin back to the Light Side.

I also liked the journey that it took Reva on, nearly becoming the very thing that she swore to destroy; just like Anakin. Only that she ultimately chose to spare Luke and avoid sharing Vader's fate. This also forms a sense of closure for Obi-Wan Kenobi... he failed in preventing Anakin from falling to the Dark Side, but he succeeded in repeating this mistake with Reva.

But Obi-Wan is still in 'hide and retreat' mode with Vader at large. We see him tell Reva to forget her life as a Force user and live a normal life, and we then see him retreat into the desert. I was personally hoping to see him move into the house that we see him living in in A New Hope; perhaps even having Qui-Gon Jinn's ghost guide him there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    He said it! He said it!
    *fanboy squeal*
    <knowing.nod>

P.S.: Just gonna put this here...
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 24th June 2022 at 08:07 PM.

One fan's attempt at digitally deageing Hayden Christensen.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL-N2ywWhOw

Arguably did a better job than Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    One fan's attempt at digitally deageing Hayden Christensen.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL-N2ywWhOw

Arguably did a better job than Disney.
    Same with the Mandalorian and Luke Skywalker. You'd think that with all of the tools they have at their disposal that they can produce a better end product.

I don't want to give away any spoilers, but you'll know it when you hear it.

I'm assuming that the person that was referred to was hanged, not hung. Or if that person was hung then s/he may still be alive! A new personal hope?