Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 212171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast

Thread: Basketball Thread!

The first and second round have exciting down the wire games. Hope it continues all through the finals

Clippers just made a great comeback in the 4th qtr to even the series 2-2.

Good game by the Clips. Wish my Dubs got past them in round 1 though

Would've been a different series if Bogut wasn't injured. It'll be all different next season since Mark J is no longer the coach.

Shame about Bogut. Hopefully next year. Bit torn about Mark J as coach. Reckon he did a good job managing some players and this will be missed but his Xs and Os drove me up the wall at times...

Meanwhile Indiana seem to be plugging away. Unfancied & a mess for the last few months, but they've a 3-1 series lead against Washington. Not sure how long they can keep doing just enough but they're hanging around.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Whichever West team makes their way through the gauntlet will be facing a fairly fresh Miami, or Indiana team on the rise. The Wizards played amazingly well againt the Bulls, but have lost that magic in the second round.

Out West has been the real playoffs, I know I'd personally prefer a Spurs/Thunder or Clippers (or Portland, but they look done) overall final, rather than against Indiana or Miami.

My team was knocked out by a combination of a red hot Aldridge and the complete lack of any coaching, so I'm cheering for the Spurs and the West in general!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Yeah the West is far tougher than the East. While that's usually the case, Miami have had the East to themselves for a while (what with Derek Rose's knees being made of glass & all). I'm hoping my Spurs can get a fairly easy ride in the WCF (no disrespect to Portland, but realistically they're not winning the next 4) & be fresh enough to take our Miami.

Last season's finals were an even match (and the Heat let Miller which struck me as odd) so I think whoever emerges from the West has a damn good chance against a Miami team that hasn't been quite as good as they were last year.

Cavs with the number 1 draft pick again?!? Man Nick Gilbert's bow tie must be loaded with something. I wanna borrow that thing the next time I buy a lotto ticket! 1.7% odds of landing that pick where they were.

Nba must be getting sick of small-market cavs winning the lottery every year...

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Nba must be getting sick of small-market cavs winning the lottery every year...
    And the draftees must be sick of being sent there!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)